Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bathroom Re-Do Part 2

Yesterday I posted the progression of our bathroom up until this past Fall when we finally got around to taking the next step.  Part of the delay was the debate of how much to put into the bathroom since we really don't know our future with this house.  We might move in the next year or two, we might add on and then who knows what will happen with this space, we just don't know.  So we didn't want to do too much knowing that a lot could change.  Again the before- dated speckled tile and all...
During...
 So what we did decide to do was change the tile and the hardware in the shower.
The walls received white subway tile (good for resale here) and on the floor I used Carrera Marble in a herringbone pattern.  I contemplated using something less expensive on the floor given the uncertainty of everything, but in the end I just went for it since it isn't a terribly huge space.  I also darkened the gray of the walls and changed the ceiling color to a blue/green/gray.  I am not really sure these pictures can show what a big difference these changes made.  It feels so good now.
The light fixture and vanity remained the same as before.  The previous mirror and frames that were once on the wall were needed in other spaces so I decided to do essentially a wall to wall mirror which is actually from Ikea.  I have to say, I love it.  It makes the space feel so much bigger.
Detail of the marble floor and antique rug...
I hope this gives you an idea of the bathroom redo, it is an almost impossible space to shoot.  
Wall color: Sherwin Williams Grizzle Gray 7068
Ceiling Color: Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray 6205
Rug: Antique from Scotts
Curtain fabric available through Marianne Strong Interiors
Hardware coming in another post

8 comments:

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Love the floor tile and the antique rug!!

Laurie said...

Love the herrringbone floor. It all looks great.

lizziefitz said...

Looks so good! I am drooling over that gorgeous marble & the herringbone pattern!!!! Love it!!!

Audrey said...

Marianne, it looks stunning, I love it. It doesn't even look like the same bathroom. I'm your newest reader and follower.
Audrey @ neverendingdecorating.blogspot.com

Laurie F. said...

Looks great and reminds me of our first home in Homewood too! Love everything, but really love that towel you have hanging in there! So cute

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

So pretty! That floor is gorgeous!!!

LindsB said...

Looks awesome! Staying there or selling it whoever lives there for the long haul will love it!

Designer Shower Sets said...

Its so romantic and pretty. Thanks for sharing!