Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Different Take On Window Rods

Three or four years ago while trying to save money at every turn we got a little crafty when hanging cafe curtains in the kitchen and bathroom.  I simply had rods cut at Home Depot out of hollow tubing. I also found the cups they sit in at Home Depot as well, but it has been so long I can't remember what department they were in.  Probably near the pipes.  The clips were super inexpensive from I believe Bed, Bath and Beyond.  In fact, now I am not sure they are even meant for window purposes but they worked for us and I like the simple, industrial feel of it all.
 I still liked the look so much that when we did the bathroom I did not change it out for a proper rod.  As they say, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

2 comments:

The Governors Daughter said...

aha! This gives me an idea for my bathroom curtain. I currently have this which is a pattern I found on Martha Stewart ( although you have to straighten it up everytime you use it and I didn't do it for the pic!)
http://thegovernorsdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/03/shower-curtain-redo.html

But I like this idea! Thanks!

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Great idea! Love the industrial vibe too:)