Monday, April 27, 2009

Taylor Show House

William Faulkner's House
I am going to have to make this somewhat quick since I am trying to get back into the swing of things after a fabulous weekend. We went to Oxford, MS for the Double Decker Festival and I am still smiling. I know I say I love a lot of things, but there really are no words to describe how much I love that place. I am not even going to try to begin to explain what a wonderful place it is, that is for a different day and much better post. I will say if you ever can make it there, it is a place to go at least once, you won't regret it.

I did want to share one part of our weekend- staying at the Southern Living Idea house in Taylor. My brother-in-law is currently living in the house and was kind enough to host us Saturday night.
It was cool to stay in a show house, I of course was taking in everything from the hardware to the finish. Visit HERE for more details and photos. I hope to elaborate more later but for now I must run!

9 comments:

alison giese Interiors said...

Wow! The Southern Living Showhouse - fantastic!

paula said...

How fun is that! Lucky you. The house looks amazing too.

Anonymous said...

Marianne, I love the pictures! So sad we missed you and Patrick this weekend at Double Decker, but I had a fantastic time on my first trip (at least in a decade) to Oxford!

Rachel said...

Ooh, that is neat!! Lovely house!

bluehydrangea said...

Your brother-in-law is one lucky guy..how did he swing that? Would he let me come for a visit? I am very nice and fairly normal.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow so cool! I didn't know you could stay there! Amazing. I can't wait to hear more about it and I'm totally jealous!

Under a Green Roof said...

so jealous of your fun weekend at double decker and the stay in the amazing house! I can't wait to hear all about it!

LaurenFaythe said...

How lucky you were to stay there! I don't think I would have slept - I think I would have wandered the house all night!

Courtney said...

So so so envious on so many levels! I have wanted to see the Southern Living Idea house for a while, and I can't believe you were able to stay in it! And beyond that, I haven't been to Double Decker in at least five years now, and I dream of being back every spring! I haven't been back to Oxford in forever either, and there are soo many restaurants I miss all the time. Glad you had a great trip, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo