Monday, April 27, 2009

Let's Make A Deal- Can You Sew?

Image HERE
Three years ago (at least) I received a sewing machine which I had big plans for. I did take some classes but I have since forgotten everything. While I will still use my seamstress for clients I would like to be able to make simple pillows and curtains for my home. However, lessons are on the end of my budget list so what about a trade?

Here is what I am thinking. I am looking for someone in the Birmingham area, a whiz on a sewing machine, who can teach me how to use my machine and complete projects.

In return I will help with any decorating needs you might have, hour for hour.

If you are interested or know someone who might be e-mail me @ mstronginteriors@aol.com.

5 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

What a clever idea!
I have the exact same machine.I got one for my birthday in Dec. & since I have not used one for a few years, it was intimidating the heck out of me. I finally broke open the box & many hr.'s later, started making a new outdoor valance for our patio area. It took me a while to get over the "I don't want to re-learn this" phase. Before you know it, you will be a pro!
Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I really enjoy yours. (:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I probably owe you some sewing lessons... due to the many times I email you questions or ask you things when you are at my house.

But I am not a master on the sewing machine... I can do just enough to get by!

Rebecca Corvese said...

That is a great idea. Can't help you, since I'm in California, however, have you checked out youtube? I swear, you can learn how to do anything there! Guitar lessons, how to golf, how to bake a cake, how to learn a software program, etc.! Good luck!

Maria Killam said...

Excellent idea. . . these are the perks for having your own blog, the advertising opportunities! Keep us updated on how things go!

Meg Dillion said...

I second YouTube. A friend of mine had an interest in sewing and began taking lessons via YouTube. She learned very quickly and now sews the most adorable dresses for her 2 year old niece!