Monday, April 13, 2009

One Of Those Days

Right now I am currently typing this from the library due to our power being out all day. Unfortunately, a friend I made in the library told me that we may not have power until tomorrow so bear with me. Image Coastal Living
Today, has been one of those days- trying and somewhat stressful. I wish I could hop into the bathtub above. Well, really I wish I OWNED the bathroom above! However, I went to Starbucks where I found I forgot my wallet and the kind lady there gave me a free latte and snack and then the kind lady at the Police Station gave me my police report (minor fender bender in grocery parking lot, ugh) for free too. Isn't wonderful that there are good people out there to make your day better when you need it? A little kindness goes a long way.

9 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh no sweetie. So sorry to hear you've been having a bad day. Nice to know that there are nice people out there and you got your Starbucks on the house.

KM said...

Here's some good news: tomorrow is a new one!!! :)
We would never be able to appreciate the good ones without having the bad every once in a while.
Feel better, take a soak, and get a good night's rest.
xx
Kara

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Marianne-
No fun! Saying a little prayer for you now...

Blair Friedeman said...

I am so sorry that you had such a horrible day but so glad that you were also able to experience the kindness of strangers. Hope the power comes back on soon. I would love a bath in that bathoom as well--so beautiful. xx blair

Maria Killam said...

That is so great, you deserve to be treated that way!

Maureen Stevens said...

gosh, good for u!good things happen to good people.

Courtney said...

Must admit - a free latte would definitely perk up my funkiest of days! How nice was that unexpected act of kindness. I love it!!

And thanks for the official introduction on my blog. I can't wait to scour your blog and dig through these gorgeous lust worthy photos! Please come back to visit often, as I'm positive I'll do the same. xx

paula said...

Oh no. Hope today looks better. Let me know if you need anything!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Sorry your day was so crummy, it's bound to get better!