Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love The One You're With- Design Manifest

If you need a dose of inspiration then look no farther than Naomi's blog...
As part of father/daughter design duo (how great is that?) her great taste is evident in every post. See what I mean?....

Hey everyone. I'm Naomi from Design Manifest and I need to be reminded daily to love what I've got. I am your typical OCD redecorator type. I'm always looking at my space with a critical eye- analyzing what needs to be improved, what editing can bring a better balance, etc etc. But the truth of the matter is that I am so lucky to live in a beautiful loft. That's why I love Marianne's series so much, it's helped me appreciate the good stuff.

So let me give you a little tour of a few areas.

This is one section of my living room. I recently added a slipcover to a modern sofa and I love how it's changed the personality of my entire space.


Nearly everything I own has been found at flea markets, estate sales, craigslist, or Ebay. I just don't have the budget or commitment to spend more right now. I scored my glass coffee table for $30! What's not to love about that?


I found this painting in my grandmother's basement and paired with two Ikea Rast cabinets. A little black paint and some new hardware totally changed their look.


I have a serious weakness for La Fiorentina fabric so I splurged on this entry bench. I paired it with a free mirror. It was a little small, so I painted a frame around it to make it pop.


I dressed up my Ikea bookcase with plate mirror backs and lots of pretties. The pop art was also found in my grandmother's basement. My nana's house is so stylish, even the basement looks better than my pad!


Since I have an open loft with 20' ceilings, I left most of the walls white. But I did paint a bold blue in my office nook. I painted a second-hand parsons desk hot pink. I just love that blue pink contrast.


One last thing I love- my clerestory windows! Every time I look up at the ceiling I smile.


So those are just a few elements of my apartment I love. I hope you enjoyed them too. Looking back at these now, I'm noticing how much pink I have! I swear it isn't as obvious in real life.

Marianne, thanks so much for having me over. I'm honored to be over here.

xo
Naomi
Thanks Naomi! I don't know where to start with your space there is so much I am obsessed with! First, your rug is one I have been DYING for for years now. Also, you are making my love of pink stronger. And those windows...they can come stay at my house anytime!

12 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

naomi's touches are so original and stylish. she's one of my favorites...donna

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I luff Naomi.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Thanks so much for having me, Marianne! I'll do my part to keep pink edgy and fun :)

paula said...

how gorgeous! and yes I am fawning over the rug too.

A room with a view said...

I love all your finds- even the inherited ones. Your style is quite eclectic which I love. Your pink is sophisticated - you seem to love it and that's important.

http://www.lminteriorsllc.blogspot.com

Erica Grow Cei said...

Great job, Naomi! You really summed up your incredible apartment AND design aesthetic in one blog entry. I am continually impressed by you! xoxo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Pink would probably not be the first color I would think of for Naomi, but she can work pretty much any color like nobody's business...but I guess that *is* her business! ha! I just love all her little tips and tricks that just take it all "to the next level" (c:

My Interior Life said...

Naomi is the coolest chic with the best style! Thanks for sharing her space.

Unknown said...

Naomi, I had not seen your clerestory windows before! It makes me appreciate your boho glam vintage style even more!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Naomi, you have an amazing sense of style! I'm jealous of your coffee table, now I'll be on the hunt for something similar :)

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Naomi, You are so lucky to have a grandmother that would have a painting stored away for you to discover! The colors are beautiful. It looks amazing above those IKEA dressers....who would ever imagine those are IKEA? I remember coming across your blog some time ago when you first posted your bench. I'm glad to have fund you again here!
annie

condo for sale Philippines said...

It was a nice stuff and I love the way you arranged your stuff, specially the shelf. You did a great job. Thank you for sharing and keep posting.

Charles A