Monday, July 25, 2011

Being A Lauren

The blog world has been buzzing lately about Dylan Lauren's wedding dress designed by her dad Ralph with help from Vera (the one and only)...
I had high hopes of sitting down this weekend and reading the latest Vogue which featured the wedding but that didn't happen. I am sure it was fabulous though. I must admit Dylan's life seems pretty amazing....and not just because she owns a line of candy shops.
When your dad is Ralph I am thinking you have access to some pretty great spaces. All of these images from Architectural Digest are either Mr. Lauren's homes or his stores...






I LOVE how classic and welcoming his aesthetic is. Between his clothing and fabrics I think he is phenomenal. Although when I think of the R.L. brand this ad featured here still comes to mind...

14 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

That makes two of us who have not read the article yet. Dylan's dress is absolutely stunning. Wow! Not only do I love the design sensibilities of her father in fashion and the home, I also think they are a very classy family.

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

The dress is incredible... I saw this family on Oprah and wow, they are a-mazing. I would love to hate them all... but I can't!

abodelove.blogspot.com

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I heart RL and I about died when I saw that dress over the weekend. It is quite amazing... They are an exceptional and humble family. Love that about them.

Karen said...

No one does layering of a room quite as well as Ralph Lauren.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Definitely an amazing lifestyle... and that dress? Just wow!!!

Have a blessed week!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

H.G. The Countess said...

I love love love that dress. I need to read that Vogue now!

Shera said...

i adore that dress...and all those pics are to die for! i actually went in that candy store in NYC last fall...i had no idea it was owned by Ralph Lauren's daughter. It was the most amazing candy store...not cheesy at all. : )

Mitchell said...

Her dress is simply stunning. I love seeing all of the pictures of Lauren's homes and stores...what impeccable taste!

www.dearmarguerite.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

It's good to be "A LAUREN"

Marianne said...

The dress is so gorgeous. What a life they have!

lizziefitz said...

Spectacular! I guess she doesn't actually eat the candy? ;)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

It is a stunning dress, of course I adore everything Ralph does. But I have to say, it looks a bit difficult to walk in, don't you think?

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Haven't read the article either. The dining room you have pictured is a major influence in my decorating of late. I adore equestrian style.

Susan Sutherlin said...

Ever since Oprah's show with Ralph Lauren I've been curious to see what Ralph's daughter would wear for her wedding. I can't begin to think of designing my daughters wedding gown, what an emotional time for everyone.

Thanks for sharing.