Pages

▼

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Beauty In Dirty Dishes

A while ago my friend Jessica wrote about the joys of a dirty kitchen after having friends over. I completely agree. When a dirty kitchen means you have spent the night in the presence of wonderful people it is a good feeling. I am so thankful to have such good company around me (and such a good neighbor who still answers my phone calls after 1,000,000 rings for a favor and still comes running over for one more).

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend around some fabulous people.

20 comments:

  1. Completely agree! The best aspect about having frineds over is enjoying their presence...duties can wait until after fun has been had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! There really is nothing better than an evening with good friends and good food in your own home!
    PS--where'd you get your runner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having us over last night! We had a great time! Great friends and great company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Today will be my first chance to "dirty up" my kitchen as I am throwing my future sister in law a bachelorette/shower dinner tonight and I could NOT be more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The runner is from West Elm from a couple of years ago. I wish they would bring it back! Try e-bay, sometimes they surface on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true! Lately my kitchen has been staying like this, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Paula. My kitchen looks like this all the time. If that is a good thing, then mine is FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a fabulous mess. I don't mind leaving messes like these for a little bit cuz they remind me of the happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for hosting such a fabulous supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, at the end of one of those evenings, we put away what we can and what we don't want to spoil, then we head to bed. We can clean the most of it in the morning, after a cup of coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true. We entertain a lot and I really try to avoid cleaning much up until all is said and done....It seems that the minute you put one thing away everyone is trying to help and the mood is changed. There is always time for clean up afterwards.....have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well said, Marianne. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so true- love this and will have to look at my trashed kitchen in this new light!! :)
    xoxo have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love that rug! And I adore entertaining too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely agree!! What a pretty kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the runner, too! Is it sad that it's taken me 6+ months to pick out a living room rug? I know what I want and cannot find it! Do you know what the print on your runner is called?

    Thanks!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this... and feel the same way... my parents were here for 10 days + my sis and we had friends in and out over that time and it made my kitchen feel "so loved"... it was truly special...i hope you had a wonderful weekend... xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true - a big mess in the kitchen alludes to the fun of an evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.