Pages

▼

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Unexpected...

Don't you love unexpected accessories....Unexpected oversized lighting...
Unexpected art...
I have been looking for something unexpected for above my sofa, I will let you know when I find something! Any suggestions?

All images My Home Ideas

32 comments:

  1. I need something unexpected over my sofa too! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the unexpected. I while back I remember seeing an enormous framed piece of lace work over a bed. It was fabulous, something I would never have thought of-and I generally think lace is too girly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much more interesting when it is unexpected... that bike is such a crazy statement, and the kitchen is lovely, the lights have such great natural texture.
    :) Flick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these...especially those light fixtures!!! Can't wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love a touch of the unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these photos are great! I especially love the art work above the bed. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the unexpected that gives a house some personality!! I love to go into someone's home and see something different and unique, it always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these unexpected pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bike is crazy...cute! Unexpected, I think that is the hardest element to bring into a room without it feeling contrived. I think to work it definitely has to have personal meaning, good luck finding just the right item! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  10. the bike, such a great idea.

    i love the idea of using unexpected things to create art. have you seen the coffee filter wall? unexpected but beautiful!

    http://www.dailydanny.com/?p=973

    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think that bike is at a house in oxford, i remember when it was featured in my home ideas.... i love that big lighting in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree. Love all 3 of those images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, GOT to have something unexpected. I love all those examples, but especially the art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that bike..wow..certainly unexpected. great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you'd agree that the unexpected is what makes design, good design. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really fun and unique images. A three dimentional work of art maybe done on metal , or varying sizes of canvas attached as one piece.

    Surprise Giveaway is on my site!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love blowing up old black and white vintage photos and framing them on walls..i always find funny ones that you really need to look at to see all of the "bits".. i also love old vintage french maps in various shades of color..the dog on the board is so sweet... love this post. hope you are well xx pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures! It's the unexpected that can really make a room and it's usually the hardest thing to find. I am sure you will find that perfect item you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  19. maybe Harry should be above your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That bicycle is so cool! And it's great how they tied in the orange to the frames. Love the whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All 3 of these images are truly fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that fabric on the shades of the last pic!! And those pendants in the kitchen, I love oversized things!

    Over - or a few feet behind, I should say - our couch, we have a gallery wall with sconces on either side. I really wanted a mirror, but I had one in the entry and one in the dining room, which is totally open and off of the family room - and I thought that might just be too much. I like the gallery wall, even if it's a bit expected, because it allows me to change it out, and to see the pictures every day. Plus, it fills up a large wall.

    Good luck with your seach!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love unexpected elements in a room! They add so much interest! How cute is that dog?! Love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are all fun. The bicycle is my favorite. I can just see it in a little boys room!
    Lila Ferraro
    Queen Bedroom Sets

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sure you will find something unexpected and special for your place. Pleae share with us.
    Love the lights and fabric on blinds and cushions.
    X
    V

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sure makes for a more interesting space! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am not even a dog person but I just love that dog above the bed.. . . Really like the look of photographs put to canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do! And that bike is AWESOME. Duly noted.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will have to admit that orange bicycle was completely unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.