Pages

▼

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Time Capsule

This picture from the November 1999 American Homestyle & Gardening by T. Keller Donovan is still as relevant today as it was 10+ years ago...I love the chairs, giant lantern, bleached finish table and the patterned natural rug.

15 comments:

  1. Simple, classic elements - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room really does hold up well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pop of color with the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the chairs. Hopefully whatever I choose for my future home will look this good in 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is proof that some design can last through the trends. Have a great day Marianne!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Even 10 years later it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that magazine and I find that many of the designs featured are still relevant today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great room! I love the lantern! It is proof that you can make selections today that will stand the test of time and look good 10 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks just as relivant today as it did in 1999- love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just goes to show that good design can really go the distance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those pink chairs!

    Last night while I was at Half Price Books waiting to sell some old paperbacks, I was flipping through some old design books (mostly from the mid-90's and earlier)and most of the interiors were so dated looking!! I found that the ones I still liked and thought looked the best were the ones that were the most "classic" - in style and color. There was a bedroom all in creams and whites, very tailored, that was so good looking. A little boring, but nice looking all the same. Seeing the book really reinforced my thoughts that a room with classic elements will fare much better than one with trendier or louder ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has definitely stood the test of time....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to pick myself up off the floor after seeing this post because today I was going through my old AMERICAN HOMESTYLE and GARDENING MAGAZINES (home sick) and I thought the exact same thing about almost all of the images!!!!!

    I'm still trying to breath...

    Miss that magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.