Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Fun Side DIY

When the Junior League of Birmingham asked me to participate in their Bargain Bash, part of Bargain Carousel, I was more than happy to help.  My duty?  To pick a piece from the donated items and give it a new look.  Here is the piece I picked although there were so many I wanted.  
The item will be auctioned off for charity.  It took me a while to decide between fun and funky or something more subdued and pretty.  For the upholstery I went with the latter but I am still deciding on the paint color.  Stay tuned.  

3 comments:

Jennifer, Decorum said...

The chair looks fabulous. I'm doing something similar here in Australia for Feast Watson. They have called it The Re-Love Project. Looking forward to seeing your finished article.

Jennifer xx

mikky said...

Great pick! Hmmm...would you consider painting half in a neon colour? That could be wild.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Love this chair ... would love to see the finished product!
Frances