Sunday, March 18, 2012

Quiet Time

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he brought them out of their distress.
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven.  
Psalm 107:28-30

This past week Henry had a horrible fall while he was with me.  He is perfectly fine but I don't know that I will ever fully recover.  I am so, so, so thankful for God's grace and everyone around me who He worked through to bring us comfort.

4 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

I am so sorry. I know firsthand how scary that can be. God always has them in the palm of His hand. We just have to trust that as hard as that is to do.

Hugs.
Kim

kelli {kelliflores.com} said...

That is such a scary thing when it happens, but also a reminder of how totally in God's hands we are. And this verse spoke so deeply to me tonight, and gave me a few quiet and restful moments at the start of another busy week. Love your blog!k

Vicki said...

Oh sweet Momma, I know that crushed your heart. I hope you are finished or did not beat yourself up to much. I was the worst about "if only I had". They are so precious to us that each hurt really tugs at our heart in a very real painful way. Glad he is fine. Hope you are fine. God is good. No matter what, He will be by your side. It has been a beautiful weekend in Birmingham. I hope you, Henry and Hubby have been able to get outside and enjoy it some.
You will recover. He will fall again. Sadly, an aching heart, price of great love, but oh so very worth it.
New week, may new joy come with it!
May new week be all you need it to be this is my prayer to the one who knows you best!

traci zeller designs said...

Oh, how very, very scary, Marianne! I'm so glad Henry is OK ... and hope that you are recovering as well. My niece tumbled down her stairs as a baby - and was perfectly fine (albeit rushed to the doctor) - and the very kind pediatrician asked how the MOM was ... because the pediatrician knew how traumatic it was and how we moms beat ourselves up! (((hugs)))