Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Heart Ellen

I am not sure if I have professed my love for Ellen DeGeneres on here or not. If not, let me just tell you that I do in fact LOVE Ellen. When I worked from home I would try to do paperwork/billing (ugh) when she was on so it was not as tedious. Then when I moved in to my office Ellen was what I would watch on DVR when I came home to unwind. Now, with Henry, Ellen has kept me company during those middle of the night feedings when you are pretty sure you are the only soul on earth awake. She is a great cure for loneliness.

However, this post is not an ad for the Ellen DeGeneres show. I was so excited when I heard her house was going to be in Architectural Digest and it did not disappoint. I am not sure exactly what I expected but I love what I saw....



Images Architectural Digest

10 comments:

A room with a view said...

Ellen is great and her show is so much fun to watch and her home...so special. I love the relaxed, eclectic mix.

Kelly said...

did you see the little girls rosie and sophia on there! so cute! it brought me to tears how joyful they were when nicky came out!

JMW said...

I love Ellen, too! I've been meaning to catch a glimpse of her and Portia's house. I wonder where they are moving because I can't imagine giving up such a place. Wait until Henry is old enough to enjoy "Finding Nemo." I never tire of Ellen voicing the character of Dory. So wonderfully funny!

lizziefitz said...

Some people have a gift of lighting up a room. Ellen certainly shines brighter than most. Love her!

p-l-a-i-d said...

Loved this house! Definitely not what I was expecting for Ellen. The pool and view are gorgeous!

Leslie said...

Her home is gorgeous; I love all those shoes!

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Those shoes are cracking me up. I think the entryway is my favorite...but I love the eating area too. It's all really pretty! So glad you shared since my issue will likely remain in its plastic for the rest of time....why do I have no time to read all my magazines?

laxsupermom said...

Gorgeous home! Love the pic of her shoes next to Portia's shoes. Such a fun free spirit. Thanks for sharing.

Hill Country House Girl said...

I love Ellen, too. She is just a dear human being. I was so excited to see her home as well, and it did not disappoint. Very, very interesting and such a reflection of her and Portia. By the way, if you are watching Ellen during those late night feedings you are doing well. My husband and I used to take turns walking our crying baby girl, and sometimes were appalled at what was on television in the middle of the night!! Take care and enjoy that sweet baby. xo

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Gorgeous! I love Ellen too!