Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quiet Time

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
Psalm 37: 3-8

11 comments:

Kathysue said...

Precious words! Precious Lord!,Kathysue

Sara said...

Just the words I needed today.
Love your blog btw <3

Karena said...

Marianne I am so greateful you shared this with us, so meaningful and poignant!

Come read my interview with Empress of the Eye then enter the new Giveaway....I know you will love it!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Splendid Sass said...

I love this passage, Marianne.
Thank you for sharing, and have a great Sunday.
Teresa

Mona Thompson said...

Just the word, I needed for today! thanks.

24 Corners said...

Bless you Marianne...desperately needed to read this today.
Thank you...
xo J~

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Trying to live by these words as I am in my full-out busy season with no clue how to get it all done...or if I'm even meant to get it all done. Trusting and trying to turn all of my frets over to Him.

Happy Sunday,
Linsey

Jennifer said...

wow, that last verse -- it only causes harm -- good stuff!!

Becky Holmes said...

Perfect...as always.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

i needed this today.....trust in the Lord :)

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Beth Jacquin said...

Thank you, Marianne for posting these quiet times. One of my favorite parts of your blog. hotty toddy.