Sunday, June 13, 2010

Quiet Time

Katie left this in the comments last week and I thought it was so relevant I had to post it today:

If you merely pretend that you enjoy God or love Him, He knows.
You can’t fool Him; don’t even try. Instead, tell Him how you feel.
Tell Him that He isn’t the most important thing in this life to you,
and that you are sorry for that. Tell Him that you’ve been lukewarm,
that you’ve chosen _____________ over Him time and again.
Tell Him that you want Him to change you, that you long to genuinely enjoy Him.
Tell Him how you want to experience true satisfaction and pleasure and
joy in your relationship with Him. Tell Him you want to love Him more than
anything on this earth. Tell Him you want to experience the kingdom of heaven so much so that you’d willingly sell everything in order to get it.
Tell Him what you like about Him, what you appreciate, what brings you joy.

15 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Beautifully written...

Karena said...

Lovely words and wonderful images.

Karena
Art by Karena

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Katie is a wise woman & Marianne thank you for passing on this incredible message to us all. You chose a magnificent photo. It reminds me of the magnitude of our universe.

You and your family have been on my mind. I'm sending all my prayers for gods strength, peace and abundant love.

xx deb

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing this. It's no coincidence that when I'm choosing other things over cultivating my relationship with the Lord, I don't have to look far to find something that convicts me. Thank you for your weekly reminders of the truth!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

very nice writting .Hope to read it often Laura Q

Julie Holloway said...

that was beautiful and really rang true for me right now. Thank you for sharing...Julie

red ticking said...

amazing ... hope you had a lovely weekend xxxx

Katie (Re:fresh Design Studio) said...

Thanks for re posting this, Marianne! Just so you guys know, it's an excerpt from the book "Crazy Love". It's a good one.

3 Peanuts said...

This is wonderful. I needed to hear it. I started a Bible reading program this yea on Jan 1st to read the Bible in a year. I was doing SO well until summer vacation hit and now I am finding excuses not to read everyday. I am 1/2 way through the Bible and I need to stick with it. I need to make Him the priority.

Thank you for posting this. I am off to read now!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Beautiful words. I need to work on my quiet time! I have such a hard time to sit and be still. But, quiet times are so important.

Maurie@GraciousInteriors.blogspot said...

Worth a re-read for sure! Thanks for the weekly reminders. Have a good week.

Kelle Dame said...

No greater beauty than in honesty and acceptance. Thank you for sharing ;)

24 Corners said...

What a beautifully written post about being completely honest with God...I believe he loves it when we are, and meets us there.

Have a blessed week...
xo

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Exactly what I needed to read this morning. THANK YOU!

prashant said...

Beautifully written...
Contextual Ad Network India