Friday, December 18, 2009

This and That

Just some quick things this morning....
I was so pleased to learn that the ole 'Ham is featured in the new Elle Decor coming out. I know the images "Alabama" can bring to the mind but Birmingham is a beautiful city with amazing homes, restaurants and shopping. It is truly a hidden gem and I am glad to be here.
It is the little things. Getting cards from clients always makes me so happy. It is a little reminder in all the madness that I get to do what I love, on my own, with people who I really care about.
Love this from Deliciously Organized.
When I saw these on Designing Life I thought they were stunning.

This week has been crazy, in fact I am on my way to the Chiropractor right now. On top of that I lost my keys 3 times for over 24 hours-found them in the microwave once (no I am not pregnant), speaking of being pregnant a client and friend whose nursery I am doing had her baby early and we are not completely finished yet (although this is a blessing, he is healthy and adorable) and in the mix of this Harry (dog) ate a half pound of bacon. What was my point? Oh yes, needless to say I want this sign found on Wanderings of a Wannabe...
Can you believe Christmas is next week?

15 comments:

Maria Johns said...

I can totally relate to that sign!!! im new to your blog, really enjoying it!

Doug Davis said...

yeah! I knew that issue was coming but didn't realize it was going to be January, very exciting for our wonderful town. go Bham!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

What a week with the keys...I have so many key stories.

I've never been to Alabama, sounds like I'm missing out! Might need to plan a trip :)

Love the sign from Wanderings of a Wannabe!

Staley Mc said...

Go Birmingham! That's so neat!

Amy said...

yay for the ham!!

Allison said...

That's so cool about Elle Decor! Birmingham is definitely a hidden gem.

On another note, I was looking through the lineup of new designers on Project Runway for January and there is a Birmingham guy on there also. Fun!

Hope you get to slow down and enjoy your Christmas week!

Chic Coles said...

Can't wait to see the feature in Elle Decor! I have only been to Alabama once, to go to the Grand Hotel in Point Clear and it was beautiful!

Hope you have a great weekend!

red ticking said...

sorry you have had a crazy week... and no i cannot believe christmas is next week... my next post will be "i wish we could have 2 decembers" one to get mentally ready and prepare... and the next one to really enjoy it! have a wonderful christmas and thank you for all of your sweet comments... i really appreciate them so much.. x pam

Sarah said...

I feel like I'm in the clouds too! I can't believe Christmas is basically here!!! You're not the only one who loses keys...well, I don't really lose mine, just lock them in my house, car, etc.

MFAMB said...

great sign. i think i live there most of the time. people who live elsewhere worry too much.

Southern Aspirations said...

cracking up about your post. Love that sign.

And yay for Birmingham! I just "discovered" the town a few years ago with work and have blogged about it a couple of times. Really like it-- totally not what I had expected.

Jennifer said...

Yea Birmingham! I am cracking up that Langford's antics made it into Elle Decor. ???!!!

Unknown said...

It really is a blessing to get to work with/for wonderful people isn't it. I have some wonderful clients too. I am going to have to pick up that issue of Elle Decor to check it out.

No.35style said...

i've never been to b'ham, but have always wanted to go...maybe some day!

Courtney said...

So I definitely thought of you when I saw the Birmingham article this month. Way to represent the home town! ;)