Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's In A Picture- Two For One

Keeping up with studying one picture at a time this week I picked a room out of house in Southern Living.
What I love:
*Not just the built-in banquette but also the nailhead and trim detail around the top.
*How pretty the wood is on the table and bench
*The wood floors, wide planks with natural imperfections
*The light fixture
*The frame hung right against the ledge with a collection of bottles below
*The beams in the ceiling

Since I missed yesterday I thought I would do one more from the same house.....
What I love:
*The casualness of the slipcovers with the fringe added along the bottom.
*EVERYTHING about the mantel- the shapes, carving, materials, it is perfect
*The mantel display, great use of the frames
*The iron and glass coffee table that adds to the feel of the room
*The light
*The wood in the fireplace for this picture, great styling

Did I miss anything?

Images Southern Living October 2009

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I love (and I know you do too): They are both gray and neutral. Mmm... love it.

paula said...

Such a great home and issue of Southern Living. I feel as if they are becoming more and more like my beloved Cottage Living.

galvanized garden said...

My copy of Southern Living arrived yesterday and I love this house, too! The banquette is my favorite...beautiful!

Wendy said...

I can't pick just one thing I love. Each detail is incredible!

Lauren said...

mmm.. they both feel so warm & cozy. perfect for some soup & cider!!!! SO in the mood!!!!!! :)

deliciously organized said...

The first image looks very inviting. I can just imagine a lazy morning sipping coffee around that table. Perfection! -carlee

Mary said...

I love these rooms. I've always felt that a banquette would be a wonderful gathering place! Love it.

JMW said...

I love that dining area. Looks like something out of the English Cotswolds, doesn't it?

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

The oval table is really something! Janell

Design Actually said...

What a beautiful & cozy home! I too love the mantel and love little details like the fringe on the chairs.

Chic Coles said...

These images are so beautiful! The first picture eating "nook" with the booth would be so much fun to have in your home, I always love getting the booth seat when going out at a restaurant and the second pictures' mantle is just stunning! Thank you!

LindsB said...

I love the curtains in the second picture!

design4home said...

If you wants latish lamp and home relative product you can see my site and we provide best online store.

Home Interior