Friday, May 22, 2009

Do You Suffer From DBRB?

The very witty Alison at My Little Happy Place realized that many of her readers (including myself) suffer from Design Blog Readers Blues. DBRB results from seeing so many perfect homes on blogs and in magazines. Readers feel inadequate after viewing seemingly unattainable rooms. So, what is a blogger to do? Allison asked a few decorators/designers to show readers their real rooms, flaws and all. So, hop on over to MLHP and check them out, including my master bedroom - which I consider half finished.

Thank you Alison for asking me to be a part of this, what a great idea!

10 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Thanks for sending me to My Little happy Place! what a fun post. Your living room and bedroom look great!! Sadly I feel even more inadequate. But it was worth it!

Molly said...

your work is beautiful. and for the record, i never trust a designer whose own home isn't lovely. thanks for sharing! so talented!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Marianne, I found you through another blogger who said she loves AL (kept clicking from blog to blog). I'm in B'ham too & am also a decorator (very small home-based business). I love to find other B'ham bloggers too & am amazed at all the new ones I run across. Nice to meet you, I hope you'll drop by to see me too. My focus is on budget decorating & DIY projects.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Marianne! Your home looks fab. Of course! Loved seeing your LR again and love, love, love your bedroom. I also have a chair in my bedroom that is waiting patiently to be reupholstered one day!

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, I adore your bedroom! The crab trap is just perfect:) Have a great holiday weekend! xx blair

alison giese Interiors said...

Marianne:
It was my pleasure to include you! Thanks so much again! Have a great weekend!

alison g.

Christina said...

i've definitely felt those blues before. this is a great idea and i'm to check i out.

Slices of Beauty... said...

Romantic best describes your bedroom!

Down Comforter said...

Thanks for the link - nice to see the realistic photos :)

PS~Erin said...

This is great! It made me giggle, but it's so true. Thanks for the link and for sharing your space. I love the look of your bedroom. We also have a chair in need of reupholster-love in our master... Unfortunately the other side of the room needs some love too!