Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When The Saints Go Marching In

This weekend I was in New Orleans for a wedding. For those of you who have never been there, you MUST go. While there are many things to see- St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter (above) is the one of my favorites- the best is actually outside of the French Quarter.
The magic all begins with the trees- Live Oaks with Spanish Moss. I am mesmerized by these trees, walking through them makes you feel like you are in a different world completely.
The trees are only part of what makes the Garden District so amazing. It is the homes that will really blow you away-
So many styles, so much detail to take in-
And the iron work is like nothing I have seen, over and over on every house. Every railing is different and definitely not standard.
Unfortunately, I did not have my camera on me- I know it is a crime! So these picture are from HERE, but really you must go see them in person. House after house, one as amazing as the next, it is a design junkies dream!
Thanks Rachael for being an amazing tour guide!

6 comments:

LindsB said...

No camera?!? The horror!! haha, jk- Glad you had a fun time down there- I've put New Orleans on my bucket list- I would love to visit it looks so beautiful

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to go to new orleans ever since the real world season( i know, i'm sad)

the buildings look so gorg

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I told Mary Ellen that she and Jeff need to take us for a weekend and show us the real New Orleans. Maybe the six of us can go one weekend! Missed you last night...

Lauren said...

wow. i've always wanted to go there but haven't gotten the chance. those oaks are so beautiful. i wasn't sure what it would be like after katrina...

amber {daisy chain} said...

I have always wanted to go, and these images are so so pretty. I love the trees and the old buildings & homes - so much history!

No.35style said...

LOVE those old homes!