Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Are For Day Dreaming- Hyche In My Living Room

There are a lot of things that I contribute to the decorator I started in this business under, but not least is my love for John Hyche. I DREAM of owning one of his paintings. I have wanted to put him on here for a long time but pictures of his work don't do ANY justice to pieces. In person they are magic, interesting and mesmerizing. A native of Birmingham, he incorporates objects such as newspaper, netting, cardboard and many other materials that give his art such character and great texture. There is really I nothing I can add to his work so I will let you enjoy in peace.....
Unfortunately the color he uses does not show up here. I hope that you can see these in person at some point because they are just so wonderful, it is a shame that these pictures don't come close to the real thing. One day when I own one I will try to put up better pictures...

Images from Bennett Gallery and Loretta Goodwin Gallery

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I know how you feel about the photos not doing them justice. Can't wait to see one in YOUR HOUSE!!! :)

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

You'll have one... one day! I can't wait to be able to buy some artwork for my house!

Maria Killam said...

Beautiful art. Is his art in prints? It looks familiar?
Thanks for the tour!