Thursday, January 15, 2009

One of the First....

My internet at home seems to be having fits this week. Between that and finally trying to get caught up I am going to make this short and sweet. I thought since we were on the nursery subject yesterday, I would share with y'all one of the first nurseries I worked on. It is so simple and calm that it still remains one of my favorites. I wish I had some better pictures, but this will have to do.The parents did not find out the sex of the baby so whole time we were working together we had to keep things pretty gender neutral.
The rug and the painting above the crib are BEAUTIFUL, I hate that they do not show up well in the pictures.
We took a book and framed it above the changing table which turned out great. Unintentionally, the book we used had the thick cardboard pages, which turned out to be a great added effect.
The frames are from Pottery Barn and the paper behind the book pages is from Hobby Lobby.
I will try to get some more pictures to show you. At the time this wasn't complete but it was pretty close. I hope you all have a great weekend and I hope by Monday I will be back on track.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the framed prints and that light fixture is gorgeous! Great job!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I agree with Paloma on both points.

I especially love that lighting fixture. It is so unexpected in a nursery, but it completely goes.

I love it.

LindsB said...

I love that round light fixture, its beautiful! I wish I had a room like that growing up.

Maria Killam said...

Lovely, calm and peaceful beige-on-beige room!

Maria Killam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

The light fixture is so beautiful, and the crib bedding looks so sweet.

Pink Wallpaper said...

great job!

Lauren said...

So beautiful!! ! (I'm glad you pointed out the rug because looking closer it's gorgeous) LOVE the sphere light fixture. So unexpected in there!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing calm, sweet room. The pictures above the crib are adorable!!! Well done!