Pages

▼

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not A Bad Place To Work

My future sister-in-law sent me an article featuring the headquarters of Urban Outfitters, which also houses Anthropologie and Free People (I know, 3 very creative lines under one roof). While I love working for myself, I really think I could be very happy working here every day....The U.O. campus is located in five buildings in an old ship yard, I love that idea.
I appreciate beautiful organization...
I seriously feel short changed somehow right now, I swear I was born to work in these offices! The full article can be found at Metropolismag.com and is definitely worth a read for those interested in design. Thanks Jen!

31 comments:

  1. Lots of windows, bright colors, it would be a happy place to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those amazing arched windows!! I feel short changed too, when I worked for Jones New York I has a crappy one wall cynical that was far away from any natural light...and our fabric room looked more like a Drs office with old white binders filled with samples. Yes, I am pouting, LOL!
    BTW, I am having a Virgin Saints & Angles giveaway starting today...make sure you pop over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me?! This space is amazing! Make my law office look like a jail! I have several friends who work in media in Manhattan and many of their offices look like this- lofty, colorful, modern. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! What an amazing work place. I am fascinated by the creativity that flows through those stores and can't wait to read the full article. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks inspiring and creative...every workplace should be like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like a fun place to work. It's overflowing with creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how awesome would it be to work in such an environment is that? Got to love the creative types!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this! would make me hop skip and jump to work!

    i had to get corporate approval for our christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. like it! that one shot with the sea of open workstations makes me have flash backs to one of the firms I worked for. It looks cool, but feels like chaos. Hope you had a good holiday in Nashville! I was there for 24 hours:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a very good place to work, to dream, to live...like dreamer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by I have always wanted to swing from a chandelier. Wow this office space is amazing I so want to work there, thanks for sharing. Have a great week Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel jaded...I want to work their too! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I could def. work there! And sleep there...and eat there...Fun! Fun! -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. NOW I see where and how they are able to create such cute clothes. One couldn't help but to be creative when surrounded by great design and organization. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to work there too! Tell me if you see an opening :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love to see 'behind the scenes', especially to companies we love. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know about working but I am sure getting to work and walking through those halls must be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes! That's one inspiring work place! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I think this is the coolest place of "work" I have ever seen! It would take me a few days to calm down enough to work :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, Marianne!

    How are you doing? I'm missing on my blog! :-)

    Anyways... what a place! What a dream, eh? I would work there for free! lol


    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. No wonder these stores always have great products that I love - their work environment is so fun and filled with inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You get a real sense of working in these spaces through these photos! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good article and a badass building for your headquarters. A ton of creativity that is carried through to their stores and product. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I get such a creative boost when I go to Anthro and I can only imagine the boost I'd get going to work here everyday...inspiration overload...in the best possible way!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marianne,

    I just discovered your blog and I am really enjoying it!

    I wanted to tell you that I've been to the headquarters, in my home town, Philly. Yes, the Navy Yard is historical and so pretty, though still not very developed. Inside the space is architectually beautiful, but also full of great furniture, and lot of cute pets. (Employess can bring them in)

    I was lucky to get a personal tour as my sister is the dress designer for Free People. It's such a great company to work for. Personally I wouldn't mind being a furniture buyer for Anthro!

    (and PS, you get great employee discounts! At Terrain too.)

    Sorry for the long comment. Just wanted to say Hi.

    xo
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this wide open space with all the windows. Very cool post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.