Pages

▼

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Quiet Time- Two Wolves

My sweet Mother-In-Law forward this e-mail to me and I had to share it....

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is God - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

8 comments:

  1. Simple and thought provoking, very good and oh so true!! Thanks for sharing, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! It came at a time in my life where it couldn't be more true! So fitting. I too have passed it on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I just read it to my teenage daugther and related to some very negative and emotionally draining friends she has-she loved it. Its great when a tale reaches a 17yr old girl. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO SO true! I think I tend to forget that. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to pass this on! SO true and very toughing.
    Have a nice afternoon, Marianne.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.