Pages

▼

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Quiet Time

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

I am sure I have posted this verse before but the worrier in me loves it. When it came in my e-mail this week it was perfect timing and I knew I had to post it again.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

15 comments:

  1. This is one of my faves :)
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so appreciate this today. I have been worrying so much and having so much anxiety that I don't sleep. Thank you, Marianne.

    Lynne B.

    (only posting as an anonymous,because I can't remember my password!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite verses ... Truly comforting; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a MOM worry became our middle names so this is a perfect verse and reminder. Once we pray a prayer what follows should be praise for what he is about to do.We don't need to pray a lot or more or harder we just need to trust and obey.KATHYSUE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a worrier too so this is wonderful to read. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to meeting you in NY! A perfect post at the start of a hectic -- but fun-filled -- week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marianne,
    I love this scripture too. It can cover a wide range of situations.
    Have a blast in New York! If I didn't have classes I would be there.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to pick favorites when it comes to God's Word, but this lne has to be up there! It's written on my heart,and one of these days, I hope it will sink in a little deeper! ;)

    Xo,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite verses. It has brought me alot of comfort. I can assure you I'll be saying it over and over to myself this afternoon when I fly out.

    See you in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I woke up today with my mind in a tizzy. This verse was exactly what I NEEDED! Thank you . Have a super week. Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see such a talented woman trusting in our Savior! I admire your work and your love for the word!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.