Pages

▼

Friday, April 16, 2010

Strength In Numbers

When decorating there is definitely strength in repetition. I thought these images from Midwest Living gave great examples of how a display of similiar items in repetition really can be powerful...LOVE the globes above and LOVE the quirkiness of these light bulbs...
Cute, Cute, Cute...I am going to have to remember this one....
All images Midwest Living

16 comments:

  1. Oh, love the globe with the light bulbs....totally unexpected but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repetition can take the mundane and bring it to new heights. Even the light bulbs look great grouped together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these images are so fun! Great for a Friday. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the globe shot in Midwest Living...I instantly loved it!!!!

    Collections are a great way to feed a personal passion and, displayed right, can really make a personal statement in your home too!!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that light bulb idea before, but I fall in love all over again every time. It's so cute, and with the hubby working in electricity, I believe I may have to try it. Have a great weekend, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique idea with the light bulbs!!! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light bulbs are so much fun. I see so much that I love done with glass objects -- light bulbs, old chemistry beakers and graduated cylinders. Those little science-y touches totally make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the books!! I love things in pairs but often forget that multiples=big impact.

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! The globes and lightbulbs are really fun! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in LOVE with that first room! Just FANTASTIC ... Including the globes, which give the feel of whimsical intelligentsia in the best way.

    P.S. I recently color-coded my bookshelf after some inspiration from another blog (which one, I can't remember at the moment) and have already received so many compliments on the new look. I alternated the color groupings vertically and horizontally and am loving the added interest it gives to the space. It's amazing what small changes can do for the overall look of a room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I want to run to Hobby Lobby and buy some paint by numbers, such a fun post! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you through Laura at Bright Bold and Beautiful. I gasped at the chairs at the table on the first image. What a beautiful blog. I am sending you much sunshine from the shores of The Mississippi Gulf Coast, I am Lisa, The Bumpkin, and you have a new follower. Do stop by and visit me at the swing. You will find I'm not so much a bumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Z's above the bed--such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the rainbow books! How much fun was that to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the strength in numbers! A frame gallery of empty frames is very cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.