Pages

▼

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Little Things...Make Me Happy

We used to have a big dry erase board in the kitchen but I decided I wanted something different so I used some magnetic paint for a different look...(sorry I don't have a finished picture on this computer)....This past weekend I changed the back of our china cabinet to a gray/blue paint, before and after's coming but here is a sneak peek...
And last but not least I find when I am procrastinating I clean. At least now one of the fabric shelves in my office is folded...how many more are left?
Sometimes little changes make the biggest difference. Have you made any small changes lately that felt BIG after?

18 comments:

  1. I do the exact same thing. Instead of painting trim in order to get out house on the market... yesterday I cleaned out my son's dresser, packed boxes of cookbooks and frosted the glass of our media cabinet. I must really hate painting trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly folded, I might add :)

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...even small changes/ improvements and little bits of organization here and there can make you feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added a Greek key pattern to some plain curtain panels with ribbon. It only took about an hour and a half to complete, but it made a nice impact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. small changes make the biggest difference. I am rearranging/organizing all the kitchen cabinets. Can I come shopping in your fabric stash? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALl of that fabric folded so neatly makes me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I'm totally envious of your fabrics! I've definitely need to organize mine...it's a hot crafting mess over at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue paint in your china cabinet! That's gorgeous! We recently had new carpet (not a small change, but nonetheless) placed in our bedroom and it's made such a big difference in the appearance of our room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the before/after on the cabinet -- I LOVE painted backs. I'm about to embark on a few small design updates as I'm stalling out on any more big changes until my budget is replenished...hopefully they'll have a big pay-off and help tide me over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely agree. The smallest things do make the biggest difference (mentally anyway!). Last week, I bought a couple of new door mats and a kitchen rug and was so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I just organized all my fabric yesterday too. The piles are now sitting in the living room where I look at them every time I pass and hope that one jumps out and says "Pick me, pick me". I desperately need some new throw pillow covers.

    I was procrastinating yesterday too, so I rearranged the living room, removed all the stuff from the walls, piled up all my accessories, organized fabric, etc. It's all still a mess. A mess with some potential though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. woah, and I thought I had alot of fabric. I love how pretty it looks all organized!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can really appreciate what you have done here but I have to confess that my to-do list remains unchecked!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you've been busy! :) I actually organized my fabric this weekend, but my collection is nothing compared to yours - I love fabric and I don't really have any places to use new fabrics in my home now, but I can't help but continue to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The folded fabric samples makes me sick with jealousy. I can't talk about my samples. But in my dreams they will look just like yours :)
    RH

    ReplyDelete
  17. Small change...2 very large bags of papers, gone through, sorted and pitched out! Feels so very good. So envious of that perfectly folded shelf of fabrics! Thank you for always visiting RHS. I really appreciate your kind remarks and support. You're the best!

    G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.