Pages

▼

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Different Frame

A while back I showed this painting, by Chilean painter Victor H. Arevalo Silvo, my Dad gave to us. I loved it so much I knew I wanted to do something different to display it.Here is a picture without the glare.
I went to a local glass shop and had them cut two pieces of glass for the front and back and then asked them to drill 6 holes through each. I will say they thought I was crazy but they agreed to try. Well it worked and I connected the two with simple nuts and bolts from Home Depot, then ran a wire from one bolt to the other.
A closer view...
From the side...
The hardest part was getting the holes in the glass but other than that is was relatively simple. I will definitely be using this idea again.

Also a big thank you to A Perfect Gray for the Beautiful Blogger Award and Hamptontoes for the Happy 101 Award, you are too sweet for thinking about me, I appreciate it!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Looks great! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! xo e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this idea - so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my girlfriend frames all her family's christmas cards like this and lines it all up the stairs. (well, w/o the bolts, but in plexiglass). I like this version too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to showcase a lovely piece! It really lets the piece itself shine through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is such a clever idea! Hmm, I may have to borrow that one. And that watercolor is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE this. a great improvement from the plexiglass small frame version we often see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea. I was wondering if it was heavy, but I guess it would be no heavier than a regular frame really. I may have to borrow this idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great! My friend did the same things with her wedding photo. Great alternative...good thinking out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that idea for a frame! And that painting is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative choice....it looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this frame- its so different looking, makes the art stand out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE THIS! Very modern and industrial, but I like how minimal it is. Puts the focus on the art (which is always good).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.