Pages

▼

Monday, January 25, 2010

Coming or Going

There are a lot of things I wished this house had, but definitely towards the top of the list would be either a foyer or mudroom.
Oh well, time to stop daydreaming and get back to work in my office....
All images including my imaginary office Martha Stewart.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I hear you on this one! You walk straight into the main living area of our 86 year old home-- and the previous owners took out the coat closet to put in a shower in the powder room! I HATE it! A girl can dream, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Love the images - great styling ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that...how much would I love a mudroom?! Right now, I have shoes galore by the door to the garage, because they're muddy or wet. That room featured in the first photo would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white background. It makes your blog posts really pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I would love a mud room, too. Your blog is absolutely lovely and inspiring! I can see it quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and I am definitely excited to do a little exploring over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have to agree wholeheartedly with you that I really wish my house had a foyer or a mudroom. Everytime I come in the front door, I trip on muddy shoes left there by the boys. It's so frustrating but I can't get upset because we don't have any other practical place to put those things. Oh well! In my dream home, someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An organized entryway just REALLY excites me. Is that strange?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good organized space...these are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had either or. Sometimes I think foyer- so it could be pretty. But a mudroom is prob more practical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone around me is so organized! (Just saw EverythingLEB's organization project...) I just can't get it together! I would love if my house looked like any of those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you so much for your comment on my blog the other day! your blog is gorgeous — and so is your imaginary office :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had a mudroom, particularly one as beautiful as these! (Of course, who am I kidding - it would be a mess with muddy dog prints and kids' toys thrown everywhere!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have three cubbies in our mudroom/boys' hall. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It does get messy, but at least it is contained!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH! Totally agree. I've often thought of ways to potentially cut into our great room in order to have a mudroom. What a luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just the inspiration I needed to do some organizing. Love the pegs... I'm thinking of doing something similar in my hallway, since I just can't locate a mudroom anywhere in my house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. In my dreams there is a mudroom like one of these. Thanks for posting some smaller rooms in case I can ever may dreams come true in my teeny DC flat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post. Always looking for more pictures of the organized "headquarters"... xoRH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.