I know black can be a scary color, but this is an excellent example of how when used correctly it is really a striking color.
Can you believe she installed the faucet herself? A woman after my own heart.
Love the panels on either side of the curtain.
A little extra for you. Here is her laundry room with a fun wallpaper. Since these pictures there have been some changes like a new front load washer and dryer, but I can tell this room would make doing laundry so much better.

Thank you Mary for sending me these pictures and letting me post them. I think you did an amazing job and I can't wait to see what you come up with one day when you completely redo the bathroom!
love the bathroom!
ReplyDeleteShe definitely did a fabulous job! The bathroom turned out great! And kudos for the DIY faucet install.
ReplyDeleteThe panels on either side of the bath are genius too.. not too frou frou- just right.
Mary did a stunning job! Love the bathroom and I'm so happy she let you post these pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove the bathroom, looks great. And that laundry room, well maybe my laundry room may be a tad jealous.
ReplyDeletejust awesome!!!! what a beautiful job!!
ReplyDeleteum Mary amazing! love both!! I want polka dot something in the house!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. Looks great. I wish I could be that brave!
ReplyDeleteWould love to meet for coffee this afternoon... just call me.
The black looks great!!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing how others decorate and Mary did a great job! Love the bathroom and laundry room.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!! I love the colors and accents she used... they go together so wonderfully! I don't see why they even need to gut and completely redo this room... seems perfect as it is! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the combination of the black walls and white beat-board. It is always a great look!
ReplyDeleteHer bathroom is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteShe should be very proud - the bathroom looks fantastic - and the panels framing the shower - Brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteWow, if that is the fix up before her huge gut job, I can only imagine what a whole new bathroom will look like with her touch. Mary great job, I am LOVING the black here!
ReplyDeleteI really love black walls lately! She did an awesome job! And I really love the faucet she installed. I miiiight try it. Our faucet is gross... old and funky (like much of my apartment ;-).
ReplyDeleteoooo, I love how black is used in these rooms!
ReplyDeleteThis black bathroom is right up my alley!! Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
so cute! {never thought I would call a black room cute!}
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing. I love it.
ReplyDeleteOur present bathroom makes me cringe...give me a "fix-up" like that any day!
ReplyDeleteHi Marianne,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the flattering words about my 2 rooms. And thank you everyone for the sweet comments. You have all boosted my confidence regarding my decorating abilities. I guess you don't have to be afraid of the dark.
Mary
WOW! What an amazing job! I love how it turned out. I love the touch with the panels on either side of the shower.
ReplyDeleteWow, I love that so much! Black really works in the right context. . . hmmm . . . I need to go and spec some black bathrooms next. And i adore the polka dots (they are just happy :)
ReplyDeleteThat bathroom is stunning! Do you know what finish of paint she used? Or really just want exact paint :-)
ReplyDeleteI'd love to paint something black, so cool!
ReplyDeleteWow, the panels on either side of the tub are so great! I'd love to know how they are attached?
ReplyDeleteI saw your note at HHFITD and had to come see your bathroom for myself. Painting our bathroom black is on my list of things to do and I can now add yours to my collection of favorites. Thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDelete-Rene