Pages

▼

Friday, September 25, 2009

Dear Barbara, You Can Come Over Any Time

I mentioned earlier this week on Paloma's blog that Barbara Westbrook can come over and design my house any time. That may sound weird coming from someone who decorates for a living, but to me that would be a luxury. What's that saying about the cobbler's kids being the last ones to have shoes? Anyhoo, I thought we could end the week with some loveliness from Mrs. Westbrook.


All Images Westbrook Interiors.

Have a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

  1. I have just done a post on the use of criss cross in design so images 3, 4,5, and 8 caught my eye. Having said that, all the images are fantastic.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog.
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the us of gray in some of her interiors. This post really gave us a feel for the type of wonderful interiors that you like. Thanks for the introduction. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning. I love the last image where the dining room beyond is a deep dark color and next to that white, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the muted silvery tones with the dark woods. so pretty. she can do me too anytime...i mean really..if that's what it took.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to have her over too. She's SO good!!! Love these images. I actually just did a post today that included 2 of her rooms. Twinkie**

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking for a chandelier and EVERY single one of those rooms have a gorgeous one! Yes, she could come decorate my home as well.
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a post today on Barbara's protege, Amy Morris - you can definitely, definitely see the influence that Barbara has had on Amy's style (the slipcovered dining room chairs are identical in one of Amy's projects!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm some of these are my all-time favs (that kitchen at the top). always loved seeing her in Southern Accents, maybe AH&L will pick up where they will leave off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pix, I especially like the tonal gray rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning--this is absolutely my ideal style! I would happily have her over anytime too:) Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. EVERY single one of these images are picture perfect! I tend to lean more towards contemporary interiors, but the older I get the more I love classic/traditional decor. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love her style! Thanks so much for sharing this one! That second to last bedroom with all the greys and whites is my dream... I love, love, love it! Saving it in my "dream house" files!!! Have a wonderful weekend, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Marianne,

    We were gossiping about how cute your blog was the other night at our get together and I felt cool for knowing you in real life.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These spaces are all marvelous. I am especially fond of the first kitchen photo. What a nice way to end the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her designs as well. I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm thinking that a chandelier in my bedroom is now a necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Swoon! She can come over and decorate my home anyday as well. It always the hardest to decorate ones home so I would love another set of eyes like hers!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Send her to my house when she's finished w/ yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful images. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have studied and dissected each and every room...didn't find anything that wasn't just absolutely perfect. Every room was even more gorgeous than the last. It was like touring my dream home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.