Pages

▼

Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Are For Day Dreaming- Hyche In My Living Room

There are a lot of things that I contribute to the decorator I started in this business under, but not least is my love for John Hyche. I DREAM of owning one of his paintings. I have wanted to put him on here for a long time but pictures of his work don't do ANY justice to pieces. In person they are magic, interesting and mesmerizing. A native of Birmingham, he incorporates objects such as newspaper, netting, cardboard and many other materials that give his art such character and great texture. There is really I nothing I can add to his work so I will let you enjoy in peace.....
Unfortunately the color he uses does not show up here. I hope that you can see these in person at some point because they are just so wonderful, it is a shame that these pictures don't come close to the real thing. One day when I own one I will try to put up better pictures...

Images from Bennett Gallery and Loretta Goodwin Gallery

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the photos not doing them justice. Can't wait to see one in YOUR HOUSE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have one... one day! I can't wait to be able to buy some artwork for my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art. Is his art in prints? It looks familiar?
    Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.