Pages

▼

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Citrus Snack

As I was looking at pictures for this post I thought about something that always makes me laugh. I can't tell you how many times I have been in a client's home and heard, "Ah, I can't use that, it is _________'s colors." The blank is always Auburn or Alabama. You would be surprised which refined, reserved, quiet mouths these words come out of, probably not who you are imagining right now. Luckily, (or not) I am an Ole Miss grad which basically makes me the Swiss here in the state of Alabama. Anyhoo, these pictures made me think of that so I guess this one is for Auburn. Don't worry, I will have something for the Tide soon....Image Maison & Demeure

21 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I love college football fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can leave it with auburn. Love orange :)

    we looked at a car and it was crimson could not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run into that ALL the time, here in South Carolina, too!

    It's the same...Orange vs. Garnet.
    Luckily, orange is WAY better!! Decor AND sports-wise!

    Go Tigers...both of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just having a conversation with my husband about throwing some orange and blue into the mix at our house and he was like, "We're Gators fans but isn't that taking it too far?" Little does he know those colors are very in right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. War Eagle my friend! I love the wallpaper! Being a divided house {me for AU and the hubby for AL} makes things interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of citrus orange in all these rooms. Oh how I wish I could use it again in my new home...unfortunately my honey is anti-orange. Oh the woes of designing for the sexes. ha! Love your blog, first time here and I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious, and I can relate! I am not allowed to buy anything red and black since my husband is a Gator, and we live in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am an Alabama fan, but I have always wanted Auburn to win unless they are playing us. I love this orange! Such beautiful images.
    Have anice day, Marianne.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I picked my wedding colors the first thing out of my moms mouth was, those are Bucknell colors! Thanks alot mom haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm right there with you. I love orange and blue together. Orange and Turquoise, Tangerine and navy...but my husband is a die-hard Alabama fan. Don't get me wrong, I can scream, "Roll Tide," with the best of them, but I'd like to be able to wear my orange hoodie while watching the game at home without evil looks from my husband.

    My grandmother gave him a picture of Saban running with elephants at our rehearsal dinner. It's hanging next to the tv in the living room.

    I really hate using crimson in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the orange chairs in the first picture. Dallas is pretty well a melting pot of different universities. When we visit friends in Austin, you definitely feel the burnt orange vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post makes me think of the movie "The Blind Side." :)

    Love the orange and love your blog! I just stumbled upon it!

    Denise :)


    http://simplyweekends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol...my brother in law is a Bama grad and would definitely NEVER have this color in his home, but as someone who didn't go to school in the SEC, I feel like I can get away with it. Now maroon or crimson, on the other hand....THAT I would never do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is funny that you mention this, as I've had this conversation before with others. I am not a sports fan (love doing sports myself, but I don't watch or follow any sports...
    except superbowl...for the food/parties). Anyway, I never look at any space in an interior and think of sports. I think it is interesting how some think sports and for some (like me) it never crosses my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am the SAME way to a ridiculous extreme. As an Ole Miss fan too (not so lucky but it is what it is and we can't change it :-), way down here in So Fla everyone thinks that reaction is really weird. My husband loves purple but it's really too too bad because I love yellow and the two are not allowed to coincide in my home.

    Now my family room is navy and white with orange accents and I LOVE it, but it constantly makes me think of Auburn. Our brains are programmed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's great! My husband is at the Kansas State - Nebraska game (airing on espn right now). Kind of the midwest equilvalent of Auburn vs Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you know, even though I thought the main color in my boys' room we are working on was grey, I realized as I planned it out I'd added the exact shades of navy and orange my Tigers wear! Good habits die hard, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adore the stamped tin ceilings and killer orange walls in that one pic, especially. We battle that here with wedding design (Clemson/UT) and our love of orange! Love your blog, btw. Check ours out at www.bluemooncharleston.com/blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so funny you say this because I get the same thing in Charleston. I LOVE the color orange but my USC client's often refuse (bc of Clemson)! I went to UGA so I am impartial. Funny how we associate color to certain things. In high school I remember my dad saying that I wasn't allowed to go anywhere "orange". As a Georgia family that ruled out any of our football rivals. And my hs bf was planning to go to Auburn so I think he was worried! Anyway, great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.