Pages

▼

Monday, October 11, 2010

Changes- A New Top For An Old Coffee Table

Lately I have been wanting to make some changes to our house, nothing major, just a little shake up. Over the next few months I plan on doing several changes here and there. The first room will be our living room.
We have had our coffee table for almost 4 years now. I love it. Love Love Love. However, when I was looking at what I could change I kept coming back to it.
Since we (it is one of the pieces in our house that Patrick loves as much as I do) love the table I wanted to do a quick fix that could later be quickly reversed. I decided to give an upholstered top a try. This was the fabric I really wanted to use....
But someone who will not be name, ahem, vetoed it so I went with a more subdued gray quilted faux leather.
So far I am really liking it. This was just the first step. I need to go back and fix the corners but I wanted to see if this was even doable. As of right now the leather is wrapped around the edges and then stapled to the bottom of the table. Next I am going to add nail head around the sides. I am still debating exactly how I want to do this but I will keep you posted. I am thinking large nails either on the side or maybe even on the top...
Here is what it looks like with everything put back on top. So far, so good but there is still work to be done...you know those corners are already bothering me...

23 comments:

  1. It looks great! But if you still like your fabric, maybe sew a fitted/tailored slipcover instead of stapling it to the table. He can have his grey top 3 days a week and you can have your fabric top the other 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about wanting to change it up a bit! I am in love with your coffee table!! Where is it from??

    Happy Monday!
    xo Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your living room! I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the new look! Can't wait to see how you use the nails.
    Have a nice day, Marianne.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great idea! You are so smart to do this. I like the feel of the leather and the texture. Bravo!
    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done with this. Great idea for a quick change. Can't wait to see what else you do with the room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how such a small thing can really change up the room -- Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. My blog has a new URL, so I hope you'll continue to follow me there! http://katiehmitchell.blogspot.com Using my name is just easier while I make some changes and figure out what I want to do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Changing it up is such a great idea! You can be on the lookout for designer remnants all the time!! Great job!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! I have been trying to "eye" things like this in my house where I could make a simple (inexpensive) change that would make a big difference to me. Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great - amazing what a small change can do for a room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of nailheads on it- I think that will add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good lesson in how one little change can make a big difference - it dresses up the entire room. Two thumbs up, and I think nailheads will really dress it beautifully.
    -SF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marianne! I love it! What a fun fix---now you have to share where you found the faux leather (because I need some for my dining chairs!) and the thingamajig mirror over your sofa-- what is it? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the play on different fabrics and the fact that the table can be so easily manipulated by fabric is brilliant! Love it!
    Blessings.
    j
    www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com
    Beneath the Acacia Tree

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to change things around, too!

    Love the idea of the nailheads - could you maybe glue them on??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your nice comment on my photo blog =)
    And this is such a good idea - to make a change that is later easily reversed! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm likin it! I think the nailhead would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought it was really beautiful before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.