Sadly, yesterday my everyday camera met the same fate as so many of my previous phones, sunglasses and cameras had met before...it was dropped for the last time. It was inevitable really. So, I need a new camera for everyday use, and I mean every...single...day.

I have a nicer camera for "occasions" but I need a good but cheap camera to carry around in the ole purse. Previously I have had 2 x Sony Cyber-shots that I liked a lot. I don't know if I should carry on that tradition or try something else, perhaps a Nikon Coolpix or some sort of Canon?

Any suggestions?
My next camera is going to be a Nikon, it might be faster than I think at the rate I'm going. My current one gets hauled around in the bottom of my purse, has paint on it from taking photo's while working on projects...I'm surprised it hasn't given up on me yet! Janell
ReplyDeleteI love my cyber shot. It's new and improved.
ReplyDeleteI love love love my Canon G11, it is a point and shoot but it has all the features of a slr. All of my friends have gotten one and love it. Great crisp images, good colors, and tons of settings. It is a bit bigger than some other point and shoots but worth it, I send over some pics for you to see. xo
ReplyDeleteI love my Nikon D700.
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about cameras but my hubs just got me a Panasonic from http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PNDMCF3K So far I like it. It's supposed to be the best currently for a mid-range priced camera. Plus there's free shipping! Worth checking out:)(This is my first comment on here...so hi!)
ReplyDeleteI have a NIkon Coopix and love it! It is inexpensive and takes really good photographs for that type camera.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Since getting the new iPhone, my everyday camera has been totally ignored. I love that I can edit and email all on my phone. It's awesome!! I think it's 6 megapixels. Not too shabby.
ReplyDeleteI love my Cybershot, too ... At work we have a Nikon Coolpix and it is a good little/inexpensive camera. Good luck! Check out abesofmaine.com -- They have really good pricing and you can do a side by side comparison.
ReplyDeleteYou can check out my blog if you want. I wrote about my camera today.
ReplyDeletemapleleavessycamoretrees.blogspot.com
I had a Sony Cybershot that died and replaced it with a Canon and LOVE it so far.
ReplyDeleteI purchased a Canon PowerShot A480 for taking photos at work (to include in online publications, newsletters, etc.). It's easy to use, takes great pics and is compact.
ReplyDeleteI have a Nikon Coolpix S570 that I take everywhere - literally everywhere - in my purse. I love it!!
ReplyDeleteI love my Canon Powershot, its a great purse camera.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I've heard, Canon Powershot is a great point and shoot camera. I'm looking at getting one myself soon.
ReplyDeleteI always used a Canon Powershot as my "take anywhere/throw it in the purse" camera, but the iphone 4 camera has taken its place!
ReplyDeleteI use a Canon t2i with two incredible lenses (purchased seperately) for "real" photography. Planning to blog about that camera someday soon!
Xo,
Linsey
love my cybershot!
ReplyDelete