Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A New Coat Of Paint

When Paula asked me to come help her with her kitchen paint colors I gladly accepted! Not only is she a sweet friend but I had been admiring her home from afar on Two Ellie (look for a guest post from her in the coming weeks). Here is the before:She wanted a change for the cabinets and what a difference a little paint makes...
Lately I can't get away from darker bottom cabinets paired with lighter top cabinets (you will be seeing more soon)...
Another thing I have been loving lately is the Essentials-Black, White, Gray Area in the Sherwin Williams deck. In particular these colors....
Being a long time gray lover I can't tell you how many colors I have tried over the years trying to find a gray that didn't go too blue or brown. My search ended here. The grays and the browns are so versitile, love love love.

For more information on Paula's redo visit her here.

30 comments:

  1. The colors you two picked are just perfection!!!
    I am off to pout that I am too far away to join you and some other fab bloggers for a coffee date. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help. I really am smitten with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goooorgeous! I love the subtle contrast - what a dream kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those a great colors-dont you just love your kitchen so much more now!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow do those white upper cabinets make a difference! Really helps show off the height of the ceiling rather than looking oddly chopped up with the maple cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne,
    How would grey lower cabinets look with a black granite countertop?
    Too dark?

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks amazing, Marianne! really! I am smitten with lighter cabinets on top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marianne,
    This is a drastic change for the better! Unbelievable what paint and fabric can do.
    I love the lighter cabinets on top also. It makes the kitchen seem more like a living area.
    Have anice day.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kitchen looks great! I have white appliances and was told that all my cabinets should stay white so the appliances disappear, although I love the darker look on bottom. What should I do? (small kitchen with acquired terracotta tiles)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! Looks absolutely amazing! {I am loving all the grays too.}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo x100. I absolutely love the change. I had cabinets exactly like those in my Seattle home. I had painted the upper cabinets to break up all the wood; it was a sea of the same color. I so love the colors you chose & am happy to get advice on the perfect gray. I love gray & plan to continue to use in years to come.

    Paula your kitchen is lovely. I will look forward to your guest post! Thanks for sharing ladies.

    xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great transformation. I love the two tone. Makes me want to paint my lower cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't is amazing the difference a coat of paint makes...unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE it!!! great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great color picks. I know Paula was so relieved to have your help. colors are such a struggle sometimes!

    it looks great!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. It doesn't even look like the same kitchen.....but a much cuter cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh!!! We so have to do this in out kitchen!!! I keep saving before and after photos to show my husband to prove the afters are ALWAYS better!! Thanks for giving me another pair!

    Looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did a similar paint job on my own kitchen cabinets and it really transformed the room. I like the darker color on the bottom and may try that in my kitchen as well. What a difference a little paint can make.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful makeover. I absolutely love the two different tones of paint on the cabinets. Simple, but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! I may need you to come over to my house soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!!! I love the 2 greys! Never thought of that before! What a difference the paint made!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My kitchen cabinets are almost identical to her "before" ones. I'm stuck between wanting to go lighter or darker. Going light really works in her kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.