Pages

▼

Friday, June 18, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Advice Needed

I am currently on a hunt for a "nice" purse as my b-day gift from the Hubby. I am thinking something in the camel range but I can't decide....Here are some I am liking (not that all of these could qualify as serious contenders but a girl can dream)....
The ole back doctor said to downsize my big bags to help avoid further injury...I hate to admit it but he is probably right (Mom I know what you are thinking) so maybe something on the smaller size...
I am definitely open to suggestions. If you have seen any bags (make that small...but not too small...purses) lately let me know!

All available at Nordstrom

33 comments:

  1. The last two are my favorite-- I really can't decide between the grey and the cream. Treat your back well-- it's amazing how much your body starts to "fall apart" when you hit 30-- and you want many more years of bag-carrying to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne! Happy Friday! I am in love with the nude Kate Spade (#5) and the grey Tory Burch (#7) but how could you go wrong with any of them, they are all gorgeous!! When is your birthday? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally carry a small bag, just a small wallet, my lip gloss and i-phone. I love Kate-Spade and I also love Chanel. If you go neutral, it will be a wise investment for you, long on style as well as good for your posture and shoulders.
    A tote can carry the work-a-day things!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the first group, I love the first and third ones. Out of the second group, the last two are my favorite. They are all gorgeous though, so do what's best for you (and your back!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marianne!

    I normally don't include links in my comments, but perfect timing with this post. Check out my latest on Watercolors:
    New Kate Spade Handbags
    http://lauratrevey.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-handbags-watercolor-paintings.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove the first one but I know what you mean by getting a back ache with a bigger bag. I like the small gray one too...gray is a good neutral but of course you would know that with your obsession for gray!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love them all, I am so with you on the weight. I will keep my eyes out too. Wait did you mention it would be a bday gift yesterday? when is it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first one and the gray one. Fossil has some nice purses and so does Banana Republic. What a great birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy early birthday!

    my picks are numbers 1 & 2 in the first group, and number 2 in the second group. nothing like a new bag for your special day--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first one is so beautiful and classic...a wear it forever and love it bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go for #1 - it has the most longevity. All good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so pretty! I love the yellow Kate Spade! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love the very first bag in camel. You'll be able to use that color all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the first bag. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the last two. I need a new one... but just can't find the one. Well, I can... but it's never in the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the first one!!! I like that it can have a long strap or a short one! Sometimes you need both hands free and a long strap comes in handy! Plus, I just really like the way it looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the first one and the yellow kate spade. Girl, you should go to the Kate Spade outlet if you are ever in Ga!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not a trendy gal, I gravitate towards the more classic handbags. You have some nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ebay my dear. i can email u my secrets/fav sellers. but i get so many amazing deals. trust me!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh tough decision! I love number #1 and #7 - but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Go for the yellow one. It's fun, it's happy and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and I have very similar taste in purses! If I weren't devoting so much $ to the new house, I would seriously consider splurging on the new Bulgari purse that has Julianne Moore in the ad campaign...I love it!

    I bought a purse in the spring of '09 in NYC, in a small boutique on the upper east side. It is the most fabulous purse I have ever owned. It is not a knock off, or a cheap imitation, and women were flocking in to buy these purses. Alas, I have no idea what it is called! It has a big 'H' on the buckle - some people ask if it is Hermes, because it looks a bit like the H from the Hermes belt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the grey one.
    You know why?
    I think it will make a beautiful transition into fall.
    Especially with if you wear the color eggplant.
    But WAIT a few weeks before you buy... because July 15th is Nordstroms huge anniversary sale (I save all year for it!) and there will be a ton of good bags on sale at deeply discounted prices.
    Just a little tip from your buddy in LA.
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you're not familiar with her designs I highly suggest to go check out British designer Anya Hindmarch super cool, chic and unusual handbags. My obsession, you'll know why when you see one...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the yellow & gray ones for summer and then switch to number one for the fall!

    (then switch back to the gray for winter...and then the yellow for spring!) ;)

    Happy Birthday...soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the yellow & gray ones for summer and then switch to number one for the fall!
    (then switch back to the gray for winter...and then the yellow for spring!) ;)

    Sorry, I probably wasn't much help...got to excited about the bags!

    Happy Birthday...soon! xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am leaning towards the yellow one. I have been eyeing this fossil one. Check it out. http://bit.ly/b2VQaV

    ReplyDelete
  28. The first one is ever so practical and versatile. That color goes with everything! Quite possibly a forever purse. The yellow one is fun too. The very last one also gets my vote for versatility and longevity. You can't really go wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the second one, and of course the yellow one.
    First day of summer, get the yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. #1, the Marc by Marc. This bag is the softest leather. I used to work for Barneys and although this is a very popular bag among that circle's kids, you will love this bag, it has a ton of room, and the carmel leather will gain a nice patina with wear. It's my favorite MxMJ bag to date. Happy Birthday wish list making! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm loving the first one and the gray Tory Burch - have fun deciding! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.