Pages

▼

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Confused?

When I saw both of these pictures I thought, "I am saving this for inspiration for our future kid's rooms". (Not pregnant BTW) Do you ever wonder how two completely different styles can define your style equally well?
I wonder if a child goes from having the first room to the second room over the course of a few years if she would then carry the "confused" trait too.....

First image via Pink Wallpaper, Second Lonny

20 comments:

  1. I have children and now I am kicking myself I didn't do a bold color in their rooms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, love both equally. The other awesome thing about having (little) kids is that you get to decorate the playroom-- so many opportunities for decorating. I think I'm going to steal some of L.K's ideas for a room for my orange-loving boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like both of those especially the second. I would never be bold enough to step out of the box and choose that though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do that all the time! LOVE both of these images. But get frustrated when I try and define "my own" style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That second picture would be exactly what I want for a children's room, but I would have never been able to describe it! This is going in my "dream house" file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second image is crazy great! WOW...the stripes, the brassy pendant, the orange and lines of the headboards, the pillows. Pure perfection! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I carry that characteristic on my DNA too. I love many different styles. Maybe that's why I'm always redecorating. Hmmm, do you think my insurance would cover the cost of redecorating? After all, it's a medical condition I suffer with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saved the second one for the same reason as soon as I saw it in Lonny!

    Both are great though! I can see the orange one for a more energetic child and the gray one for a calmer child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first picture. I think we all have different sides in our personality, and for every side there's a style...
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Def the second one for a kids room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what to tell you, because I love them both, as well! One of the reasons I started my blog was to help me narrow down what I love. It's not working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same way - my images go from neutral palettes to bold and bright! I love the orange headboards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw those wonderful, orange headboards in Lonny and LOVED them...I'm thinking of redoing my kids headboards in something similar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, I love that second photo. I have a similar one saved in my files. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same way. I look at so many photos and go that is so me. If you put them all together in a slideshow it would look like a jumbled mess of beautiful photos. I think it's because as designers we are exposed to so many different styles that it's hard not to love most of them.

    Happy Friday. -c

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that first one, but I think my girls would want more color. In fact, they want more color already! Their rooms fit with the feel of my house, but if I could start all over, I'd make them more fun!

    Happy Friday! This is the day the Lord has made!
    Xo...Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm totally going through this with my 2 year old daughter. I'm taking her furniture for the babies and getting her something new. I find myself looking at modern stuff some days and pink/frilly girly stuff on other days. I just can't decide what I'd like most in the long run.
    I guess it's the same as some days wanting to dress up and other days feeling better in jeans and a white tank top!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the same issues all the time- I love so many things, its hard to pick just one style.

    I would have to go with the bottom bedroom though, just for the fact that it has orange in it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.