Pages

▼

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Charleston Calling

This weekend I am going to Charleston to spend time with some of my favorite people. While I am there I hope to see some of the legendary beautiful homes like this one....
See the old airplane model?
Home of Muffie Faith, pictures Charleston Home Mag

34 comments:

  1. Hope you can take a minute to enjoy Spoleto! And a praline from River Street Sweets at the Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! WE want to move to Charleston so bad and that is our dream. Ahhh....one day! :) Still, don't know if our house would be like THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister went to the College of Charleston and I loved visiting her... what a gorgeous place!! Have fun ~~

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a wonderful time. I recommend brunch at High Cotton...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to just walk there. You never know what you might see through a beautiful garden gate. So wish I lived in that town! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recommend Taco Boy over on Huger St. Try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GET HERE ALREADY! Is Wednesday too soon!?!?!? I told Weedon to prepare his ears for endless chatter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're about an hour and fifteen minutes from Charleston, and I feel like we don't get up there enough! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it and those colored glasses in the kitchen. I can't wait to have my own home to pick a few colors and put them on dislplay! hope you have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time and I am looking forward to posts about all the fabulous things you will see!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to school in Charleston and met my husband there. One of the best cities in the world, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh...Charleston...absolutely lovely! I've always wanted to go knock on the door of many of the homes...hoping to be invited in for a tour! Have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How FUN!!! Have safe travels and I look forward to some pictures from your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have so much fun Marianne! I love Charleston and you know you will be on overload with all the gorgeous architecture and design. I am so jealous!!

    Love the house you shared - especially the kitchen windows with the shelves across them - I have always wanted to do that in a kitchen.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore Charleston! Pick up a bag of grits at the Farmer's Market and have a red velvet cupcake at Cupcake for me.

    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty ... :) I especially love the open shelving and pretty colored glassware above the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh you are going to make me miss it!! go to muffie's shop ESD (west ashley has a bigger store then king st).

    ReplyDelete
  20. enjoy your trip! i've always wanted to go there... the architecture and the weather are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful trip! You're going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so lucky!! I would love to make it back to Charleston again sometime soon.
    Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you had a great time, Marianne -- Charleston is a great town!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never been to Charleston but I'm dying to go - especially now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Charleston....the architecture, food and shopping.....have a great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow so jealous! Yo are going to have an amazing time.

    Take lots of pictures and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will be missing you by a few weeks! A favorite town of ours!
    Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. have a great trip! i've never visited charleston but i'd like to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the mention. I think it is beautiful too! Have fun on your visit. Stop by Elizabeth Stuart Design! We would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's me again! If you're looking for suggestions, I just sent a friend there and she loved some of my recommendations~
    S.N.O.B. is a lovely restaurant downtown. The food is wonderful, the prices very reasonable-under
    15$ and the ambience- they have a brick wall. Need I say more? No, but I will! They have a mirrored wall. I've really enjoyed it there. If they have cream of asparagus, you'll be very happy!
    California Dreamin' is located just across the Ashley River and its look mimics Fort Sumter(pre-war). This isn't Southern food, although they have fish. The Knob Hill chicken is terrific, but everytime I go- twice yearly, I get the house soup and salad. It's a potato cheese soup that will knock your sock off, and a large salad with a honey mustard/bacon dressing. Wow!! This also comes with a tender croissant drizzled with a sweet glaze. Heaven- less than 12$.
    Tourists always vote for Hymen's sea food- I've never eaten there. But out on Folly Beach -30 minutes from Chas- there's Rita's and the Crabshack that locals love.
    Saturday morning you should stroll the Farmer's Market and sample some the offerings. We love to breakfast there with a crepe. Lovely.
    Things to tour- tour lots of houses, of course. Waterfront Park, the Battery, the beaches, the Market. If you loves gardens, my friend just got back and loved Magnolia. That's an amazing garden.
    That'll do for now! You need to stay for 2 weeks, at least!
    Lastly, one of my favorite things to do is to just walk the streets of the homes downtown. The ironwork is spectacular and I take lots and lots of pictures of flowers and doors and gates....The other great time to do this is at dusk. So many homes leave their drapes open and you can see gorgeous lights, paint colors, antiques...love it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. If Charleston is calling, Im answering! I love this house!! Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. One of my favorite places! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an amazing place! I love all of it but particularly the kitchen.
    Yum yum - I will keep this one on file so that I can drool over it again and again.

    Thanks for sharing.
    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.