Pages

▼

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jack of all Trades: Barry Dixon

My admiration for Barry Dixon is long lived and deep, so needless to say I am captivated by his new line for Vervain:

While looking on Vervain's website I came across this picture that features one of the original reasons I loved Mr. Dixon....
His ottomans....This man clearly knows the power of great nailhead...
For more...http://www.barrydixon.com/index.htmcom

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE this man! Everything he does evokes such a warm fuzzy feeling in me :) His new fabric line is WONDERFUL! I had the opportunity to see some in person and many of them you want to keep touching for they have an amazing hand. The trims are to die for too! I can't wait to use some for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ottoman's are magnificent. I am in love with first one and would love to design a room up and around that. It's so beautiful! I'm also a huge fan of the chair in the first photo. Bright and brilliant, yet works in such an elegant and delightful space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love his ottomans. I was so sad when At Home Nashville closed because they carried his furniture line and I could just go and gaze and dream. Ah. I love that gray and yellow fabric in the first photo. So smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not all that crazy about the patterns but those chairs are HEAVEN! I will take both for my house... oh yeah, I dont have one. =( They will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. The ottomans are amazing! I have to figure out which local showroom carries his stuff!! Marija

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love the ottomans. The fabrics are wonderful! I can't say enough about the nailheads. They are the accessories for beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful patterns and lines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how cool. I love the print on those chairs in the very first picture. Very unique! I'm loving the detailing on those ottomans too.

    I'll have to had this guy to my "watch list". Thanks for sharing!

    Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. he's such a character and I love that it totally shows in his interiors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean...THAT is nailart. So lovely. So so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, interesting and all of it wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is one of the best. Love that model home featured in House Beautiful a few issues ago. Great modern/classic look (my fave!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh that skirted chair is JUST what I've been looking for -- my family room is in need of a smaller-scaled side chair and with all the leggy pieces in the room I wanted to have a skirt to balance things out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw that ad the other day for his new line and I just love it!! The colors are so fun- I need to find a project to use it on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love him and love his furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the gray and yellow one that is one the chair. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the white tufted ottoman - white hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chairs in the first picture, and the nailhead trim chair in that first photo? Wowza!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.