Pages
▼
Thursday, April 1, 2010
For My Next Project...
The "gray bins" at Michael's were calling my name so I ran by the other day to see what I could find. That is where I stumbled across this guy in the $1 up bins. I know it may not look like much for now (especially considering the model is broken), but I thought the wood model was pretty cool and had great potential. I see a bunch of these suspended from a ceiling on wire, possibly painted in a little ones room...
I loved the ship but they have other options....
All of these were different shapes...
Just a thought, I will let you know when I use them down the road. BTW- along with great pencils, I was loving these knobs. I was tempted to buy some but I didn't. I wonder if I will regret that.....
The models would look great hanging from a little one's ceiling, especially if all painted the same color. The knobs look like they might be worth grabbing a handful...you or me? I'd use them as hooks put into the wall.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of suspending the models! How clever!!!
ReplyDeletelove that idea! would look smashing on kj's book shelf. Am I allowed to steal the idea? I will probably spray paint it. And yes you will regret the knobs when I go by them all ha!
ReplyDeleteGo back and get the knobs.
ReplyDeleteI love your idea for the models! How fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a deal!! spray painted they would be fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteI actually like the ship unfinished. I think it would look great on a bookshelf. I hate that where I live there are no Michaels :o(
ReplyDeleteFound you through Isabella & Max blog. Wow! You have exquisite taste. I love these ideas! Glad I found you! I am now an avid follower!
ReplyDeleteI am one that is addicted too...and you need to buy those handles, think of how fun they would be in a laundry room!! Happy Thursday :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that would be so magical (the painted ships), I dont know why but that just reminded me of The Owl and the Pussycat...
ReplyDeleteoooh, good ideas. you've got my wheels turning:)
ReplyDeletedo it! would love to see...I saw some french parachute models once {striped & colorful} & wanted to get them & suspend them, but oh well, they were too pricey...but the knobs...you must get them! :)
ReplyDeleteThe ship would be super cute painted and used as a mobile in a kid's room -- can't wait to see what you do with it.
ReplyDeleteSuch great finds - can't go wrong with just a buck :)
ReplyDeletei saw the knobs a few weeks ago and have been debating about them, too. i keep feeling like if i don't get them now the perfect project will come up and i'll wish i would've.
ReplyDeleteWatch out, the seahorse is almost impossible to assemble! Took us hours. Ha!
ReplyDeletexo,
cristin
I love the idea of suspending the models! How clever!!!
ReplyDeletedata entry work from home
I've made a few of these models. They can be a lot of work but it's fun and there is a sense of accomplishment when finished. I think more people should spend leisure time doing crafts rather than watching TV.
ReplyDelete