Pages

▼

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Client Before & After - Kitchen

In an effort to show more of my work I am trying to be better about taking pictures once projects are finished. So, I wanted to show you a kitchen I did recently that I love. Simple, clean, neat, the way I like a kitchen. It started out like this though...And here it is now...**I know I always say this but I do think it is important to say again- remember these pictures are from my camera, not a professional, and the room is not styled**Love this linen chair with a hint of color on the frame...
There are a lot of things I love about this kitchen but the metal drum fixture is definitely near the top.
The custom built table and stools are another thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and that is good news since they were a labor of love (more on that and the detailing of the table finish later in another post)...
And surprisingly the simple natural roman shade is also high on my list. In person it is a beautiful yet simple weave and I think it really summarizes the feel of the rest of the kitchen.
One more look...

49 comments:

  1. I'd love to see it all styled, but it looks beautiful. The lighting is my favorite part of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great...love the pendant light. I used to have a large tile black and white kitchen floor and was so happy to say goodbye to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - it's gorgeous. I love all the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, what a transformation! Love that you're showing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job. I can see why you love it and I am sure your client is delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! First thing that caught my eye? The beauiful drum light! Oh how I love a drum light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! My favorite is the shade. Love the way it changed the whole look of the room's architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!!! While I love the whole look, I simply can't take my eyes off of the light fixture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally am a HUGE fan of the stools.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out beautifully! You are one talented lady, and don't stress about your camera, we can all see how fab it looks! I looove that island and the light shade deserves to be your fave... it's gorgeous!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, the drum shade is perfect for that space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, the drum light is my favorite part! Lovely kitchen, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love that light fixture - that metal drum shade is perfection. What a difference from the before. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic -- You are so talented, Marianne!

    P.S. I just noticed you added me to your "With My Morning Coffee" list ... THANK YOU! I'm so flattered. :) That makes my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job Marianne! I too love the light fixture and those floors are lovely -- they work perfectly with the cabinetry and paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice job. Simple and elegant, and it doesn't need much styling to me. And I'm with you, those stools are lovely!! ( Thanks for stopping by... )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work! The wall color is gorgeous and I love the pendant light. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even if these are not styled the room is just stunning! I love everything here- that island is just to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. agree wuth linds!! beautiful job marianne!!! those stools & table!!!!!!!! oh my gosh!!! amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. marianne it is gorgeous. I need that little island. Had fun today. Ellie was jealous so now she wants a date with you and me without brother:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing job...it looks like a totally different kitchen - love the light fixture and, of course, the white subway tile! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one sweet kitchen! Please share where the stools are from.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for showing bright interiors. It is not so easy to find such projects and I am going to arrange my kitchen in that style. Beautiful! :) Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Love the new window treatments, drum light and flooring. Well done!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the transformation!! Your work is excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks good. How did you convert a lime green wall loving person to go so neutral. I love it. What's your secret:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous! I'm absolutely adoring that chair with the subtle pop of color - so fun! :) And those roman shades are perfect - simple, but they bring so much to the room!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE IT! First thing I noticed was the big change in the cabinets! I know you are not surprised by that! And yes I love the light! You are so talented- but I already knew that! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The drumlight, sleek countertops and angle of the tile really make this room glamorous! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The kitchen arrangement so perfect. thank for sharing love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great transformation. So clean and refreshing. Love that drum pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely darling!

    I'm lusting after that island and stools. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The kitchen looks wonderful! I love, love those stools. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great job Marianne!

    I love the light fixture and the smart move you made to bring that roman shade up to the ceiling and cheat the window! It looks full size now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful job. Very restful and clean! Glad I've found your blog.

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  36. This was a terrific transformation! My hands down favorite detail is that center island/table/counter. Perfect for the space! Marija

    ReplyDelete
  37. it looks great! I think the table and drum shade really make it unique!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice Marianne! So talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great job!!! It's gorgeous! You did such a great job. And styled or not - it looks so neat and clean.
    And that light is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  40. any chance youll tell us where that beautiful pendant is from??

    ReplyDelete
  41. Laurie, I think it is a Robert Abbey pendant... If it isn't, they offer a really similar one.

    ReplyDelete
  42. oh, please share the name & brand of the dark tone wall paint! It is perfect for my entry way re-do that I 'am planning!
    & Oh yes the drum shade is the crowning touch to a fabulous redo!
    (I love the vintage vibe/industrial feel the stools provide!) ...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.