Pages

▼

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Never Thought...

I would like a roller shade....but leave it to Anne Turner Carroll to change my mind. A client/friend brought this project to my attention and I must admit it looks good....
Stencils applied to an inexpensive shade can be a quick fix to ugly shades, I would try to cover the top though but I like where this is going.
Especially in a children's room or another casual area. Southern Living used stencils from Sunny's Paint, here a couple more I liked from there...
What do you think?

Images Southern Living, Sunny's Goodtime Paint

30 comments:

  1. I really like the monogram one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw these I thought the same thing. I hate roller shades b/c they always seem to get stuck. But these actually look nice, and could be paired with a valence or shade topper and be just the ticket to provide black out when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Especially for the fun and casual spaces of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea and love your blog! So glad I came across it yesterday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I loved that feature!!

    Catching up on my blog reading and saw your post on your family. So thankful for you that they are all ok.

    Hugs,
    Emmie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these in Southern Living and loved them! I really love the one with the monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the idea of these ... Like you, I would definitely want to find a way to cover the top, but this seems like a cheap-chic way to liven up a space. Very noncommittal and easy to clean or replace for someone who has two high-energy dogs like we do! Maybe we could get Young House Love to do a how-to ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totally do these in a child's room or play room...or a craft area, so fun! I do agree though, a valance whether it is fabric or wood would finish it off on top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blogosphere for exposing us to ideas that people can use to freshen up their space under any circumstances (rental) for any budget (not a lot).
    So I am down with this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous DIY idea to add some pizazz to a space. I can see this working great in a kids' room where you could do something really fun. I agree, this concept would even take it to the next level with a fabulous cornice/valance. Love the monogram idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute and inexpensive idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! The monogrammed one is great, and would be so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree: a pelmet would be a great addition to really make these look high end.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, but how great does the monogram one look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous! plus so so so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea and the endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh baby! I am all over this project. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks amazing! I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw that feature and am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, I'm really liking that first one (it might also have something to do w/ that red-painted trim). Great project; I may have to file this one for a kids' room.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this!!

    Great post... the monograms are very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea. I am definitely going to look into this for my kitchen window. Soo glad your family is all safe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw this in Southern Living too! Very cute and easy idea! I love Anne Turner Carroll - she comes up with such cool things.
    But I thought the same thing about a valance to cover up the roller part.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like it - particularly the monogram. And I wouldn't feel guilty if I got tired of it and wanted to change it out. Marija

    ReplyDelete
  25. The monogram one would be cute in a bedroom! Wonder if they would fade??

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great idea!!! I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i saw that too and was smitten. esp. the monogram. such a great cheap idea. gonna use it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yet another proof that creativity means more than money when it comes to beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think these could really work in the right room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.