Pages

▼

Friday, March 19, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls

Whew what a week, does anyone else feel that way? I really don't have anything to post today but something has been on my mind this week and it kind of ties in to what I am working on- girls rooms. So here are some "in between" pictures of current projects.

It all started when I talked to my best friend this week- we hadn't talked in a few weeks, which is rare for us, and it somehow ended with me giving her a 20 minute dissertation on the woes of shipping in the design world. Does she care about a table in Memphis that was promised to be here last week only to be back ordered until May? No. But she listened to my rant and that was more therapeutic than anything else in the world.
(headboard is done but that is all, this picture is from one of the bedding brainstorming phases, it is going to cute, but not what you see here)

A month ago I was in Memphis sitting at Houston's with a great friend, Jenny, and that lunch is so clear in my head because she is an amazing listener. I was able to just sit there and talk about business going well and future plans, etc. and it is nice to do that with someone who really cares about you and your life (it is also a plus she knows the entrepreneurial woes).
This came yesterday for a client- the nursery was finished a while ago in aquas, greens and browns but we thought it would be cute to have a little pink. I can't wait to see it up (especially since the sweet baby has already arrived) but I think it was worth the wait. Here is what it will look like....
Then this week someone said something to me that was rude and inappropriately timed, and since I was unfortunately born sensitive it was bothering me until I got to one of my fabulous clients homes and being around her made me feel so much better. (I don't have the source for the room below but I think it is a great girls room)
Anyhoo, all of this to say, I am so thankful for all the women in my life and thank you to all the "listeners" - such an amazing quality to have.

Wow, did that really just come from sitting down with nothing to post about?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

27 comments:

  1. I had dinner with one of my best friends last night after having a terrible day at work Wednesday, so I understand what you mean! It's so nice to have good girl friends that can listen. I hope I'm as good to them as they are to me!

    By the way - I love all the sneak peeks! The headboard is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light and that headboard, wow. I will listen any time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes we just need to vent, take a deep breathe and power on through. We bloggy friends are great listeners. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with a rude comment this week, but how wonderful that you have such great friends to listen and really care about what's going on in your life. Every woman needs a solid core group of girlfriends!

    (Oh, and I love that last picture, the headboard is divine!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. that 'bird cage' light fixture...great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - girlfriends are the best. Especially the ones who are good listeners! Makes our troubles melt away sometimes.

    My hometown is Memphis so I got a kick out of your Memphis references. I miss Houston's. We used to have one here in Nashville, but now it's something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that headboard and the bird cage light fixture is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you would be there to hear them having a rant too! Having those special people in our lives is the best gift...
    I love that girls room as well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that final photo - what a fun room! Sorry yo had a run-in with a mean person - not fun at all. But, at least your next encounter with was with someone you like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great girlfriends are the best! The first headboard is super cute, and the bird cage is adorable:) You ROCK-dont forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is all great! you are lovely and loved, so don't listen to the haters. Zephaniah 3:17

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the headboard and that fabulous light! it's going to look even better in the pink that you have.

    thank God for a listening friend . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the birdcage fixture, where is it from? The little girl's room is so sweet, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that little girls room! Such a great color palette.


    Whenever I'm talking to a really good listener, I think to myself, I need to be more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That light is just precious! Oh how I wish I could do a room in pink for a little girl...I think I am destine to have all boys, and pink doesn't fly for them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it all! can't wait to see it installed

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well it sounds like you have a great set of friends who are good listeners and will encourage you too- phooey on rudeness but glad your client's home got you out of the funk.

    Love that little girl's room & can't wait to see the room with your headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mom and I have that kind of relationship....she always listens to me when I have a problem and when I feel like venting...it really is great to have people like this in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely girls room!
    Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One good rant does deserve another! Plus anyone that knows you, knows that you don't complain or vent often so when one springs, what kind of friend wouldn't lend a helping ear!?!?! Love all the pinks, remind me to tell you later about the girls room idea/dream I got the other day!
    lots of love, dewwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always find the coolest things!!! What a cool light fixture and what a neat touch making the birds pink for a girl. That headboard is equally as cool you are such zn incredible designer and I am so lucky I get to be your client! Have a great weekend and enjoy this beautiful weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello there ... isn't the blog world great - wonderful connections and all ... plus shared experiences across the miles ... we are sending you all our best :) le xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let's catch up soon! Coffee next week? Love that light fixture and the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i was planning on posting on nurseries next week( you know, as a single 25 year old thats exactly what i should be posting about) and am DEF going to use some of these. i love the birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love the ladies too....beautiful beautiful rooms...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cool light! And perrrrfect for a nursery! Love the girly rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the light and that headboard, wow. I will listen any time:)
    free internet jobs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.