Pages

▼

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bittersweet

Sweet because these images and items are beautiful....Bitter for reasons already discussed (which I am really not trying to bring up again)....
I will take two of these mirrors please.

Images Restoration Hardware

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous items, love the colours also.

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be out again soon and you can love them again for being all your own and different. I'm hoping that happens with things I love too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am WITH YOU 100%. Many years ago my husband and I wanted a Fortuny silk chandelier from Italy. We finally found a place here (Houston) that imported them and we got on a waiting list. We finally got it and installed it only to have Pottery Barn sell reproductions a few years later. It KILLED me. I cannot even tell you how many people have asked if it is from PB. I am not a snob but it did diminish the "specialness" of a piece we saved for, hunted for and waited for. We have moved that chandelier to 3 different homes and I know we will always have it and pass it to our kids long after the cheap PB ones are gone.

    I try to look on the bright side in that I can supplement our decor and an antiques with trendier mass produced pieces that are less expensive to freshen things up. But at heart, I am a traditionalist and do not like the mass produced copies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, those chairs are amazing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same fear, but at least is isn't a bad 'trend' like the powder pink of the 80's. The images are beautiful and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I somehow missed the first post, so I just left a comment on it six months late! oh well.

    that rug is so darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! And I do love the carpet! The style and the colours of it!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous sneak peak- thanks. I love when new spring lines come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just went back to the older post you referenced. great post. a friend and I came up on about 10 wheeled industrial carts out of abandoned textile mills and sold them to antique and retail home stores. One day we open up RH catalog and see the exact same thing. newly made. gasp. I am so with you. as an antique lover and former dealer, it is distressing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah...my 19th century canopy chair has been morphed! Well, my husband thought I was crazy when I bought it 2 years ago...perhaps "that'll show him". Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!!!! We are on the same path today. I had quite a reaction to a certain piece of artwork they are now reproducing!
    It made me tos and turn last nite and nagged me ALL day.

    Just posted on my "issues"...we are ceratinly on the same path.

    I'm off to read your post and comments from before....

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so funny. Your comment about Restoration Hardware's new look makes me think of that episode of friends where Rachel tells Phoebe that the coffee table she bought is an authentic apothecary table (she really got it at Potter Barn)! Such a funny episode.
    I agree with you...even though I LOVE all their new pieces. But, it takes away from the "hunt" of finding stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They will be out again soon and you can love them again for being all your own and different. I'm hoping that happens with things I love too :)
    free internet jobs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.