Pages

▼

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Other House

You know those things you want and you don't know why? I do not like tchotchkes or knickknacks but for some reason I have wanted this bird house forever. My husband finally gave it to me for Valentines even though he thinks I have lost my marbles.I must say, when I look out the kitchen window it makes me very happy even though there are no inhabitants yet.

15 comments:

  1. What makes it so NOT gimmicky is you did not mount it on the wooden post you see so many of them on. It would make me happy too. Hope you get some birds soon. They would be so lucky to have a home like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love IT! What a thoughtful hubs. And the fact that you have snow on the ground down south makes me feel a lot better about living in this frozen tundra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you have a great husband, when he buys you something that makes you happy, even though he thinks you're a little crazy.

    For some reason I have an odd affinity for birdhouses. I don't own one, but I think I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! You just brought back lots of childhood memories, sitting in the back seat on a TN highway with tons of those billboards.
    Where do you live in the South?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific thing to want. And you get to admire it each time you look out your window for years to come. All the while, giving home to our feathered friends. Glad you Valentines Day was lovely! x deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I am sure the birds will love it and will make it their home when it gets a little warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is funny :) I'm sure the birds (and your husband) were happy with your request.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how adorable and exciting. there will be inhabitants come spring...oh boy!!
    i love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. anything to make the wifey happy. i'm sure he too is admiring his handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's awesome. I know it's hard to justify little expenses like this, but I'm so glad your husband finally bought it for you. It's really just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it! I've been wanting one too, it brings back memories of living in Chattanooga, TN about 12 years ago for my first job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those birdhouses are so funny!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get a cute pair of birdies soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.