My love for design books is no secret so when I received
Downtown Chic in the mail I was so excited. Usually I just flip through books absorbing the pictures but I read this whole book and I must say I am feeling inspired.

The book follows Robert and Courtney Novogratz through their amazing projects- turning undesirable places into unique, well designed homes.

What I loved most about this book is since they use objects found off the beaten path, every space is a breath of fresh air. They truly have a unique aesthetic.

This basketball court was built on top of their building, throughout this book I kept thinking, "I wonder if their kids know how insanely lucky they are".



Downtown Chic left me wanting to know more about them, luckily they have a show coming to Bravo in the spring,
Design Sixx. Be sure to check out more of their work
HERE and I definitely recommend adding this book to your design library.
It is sooooo not what I would think I would like in a bebes lair, but for some reason that nursery is really doing it for me!
ReplyDeleteMy boys would think that basketball court was SO COOL!
ReplyDeleteI have been very curious about that book. Thanks for the review!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite books. I agree that their design aesthetic is fresh and irreverent (my favorite combination). Didn't know they had a show coming to Bravo. Thanks! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm not usually one for a more modern aesthetic, but I'm love, love, loving everything you've posted here! The kitchen and (master?) bedroom are especially gorgeous. I'll definitely be heading down to my local library or B&N to find this one!
ReplyDeleteThis is a show I am really looking forward to! Great book, completely interesting design...Janell
ReplyDeleteI need this book, I've heard nothing but good things about it. I love the kitchen and all of their light fixtures are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThese two are so inspiring! So fresh and such a great mix of things!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a talented duo. Can't wait to pick up their book!
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing so much about this book and the family! I'll have to tune into Bravo when it starts.
ReplyDeleteHi Marianne!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to stop by to say hello and to say that I just LOVE this book, too. I just can't get enough of their fabulous ideas! Fun being here again!
Stacy
love this book!! It made me wanting more too, glad to know I was not the only one :)
ReplyDelete