Pages

▼

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sometimes You Get What You Need

I was tired and stressed when I started on this blog. I had something else planned then came across this house, a favorite of mine I had forgotten about....Seeing that mirror I have studied before instantly made me happy and the peaceful feeling that followed from looking at such tranquil house was much needed!
Love that screen above, not so sure about the monkey.
Did I mention this was a "weekend home". I know, life is not fair.

Oh to have that natural light in the bathroom....

For more information on this house belonging to Kevin Carrigan and Tim Furzer visit HERE.

25 comments:

  1. Haha, that cheeky monkey made me laugh. I was going to do a post today about beautiful rooms that contained maybe one off putting element...that monkey would qualify for me.(computer played up all day and now I'm too tired so it'll have to wait).
    I love the grey/white bedroom (minus the skull).
    Thanks for your view on my cane chairs, it's looking like it'll be the black and white stripe.
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little happy place. You're right on the bath- can't get over that fabulous natural lighting in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE if my bathroom had more natural light...then maybe my make up would be right each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A monkey?!?!? With a beige couch!?!?!?
    Glad you're feeling more serene- it's amazing what some pictures of calming spaces can do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed those pictures! The bed, the sofa, they both remidned me of some of the furnishings we looked at for Tokyo. They had very similar aesthetics: clean lines, simple woods.

    It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is beautiful. But the monkey freaked me out - I thought it may be real for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this house!! So simple- yet interesting! Thanks for sharing.Is the monkey real?? Way too early for monkey double takes. xoRH

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so tranquil. I am loving the cabinet in the dining room, weathered and raw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving that bedroom. The little rustic bench in front of the bed is perfect. And I agree, people who have "weekend" homes or "second" homes that are this beautiful...make life feel unfair at times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I recently came across your blog and adore it! I've given you a blog award...please come check it out.

    Thanks,
    Kelly
    Fabulous K

    http://fabulous-k.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I could do without the monkey, but the first image exudes calm. Glad it made you feel happier, (and glad to hear someone else feels better sometimes just by seeing a beautiful room!)
    Have a great one! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous home. :) I'm glad it cheered you up! I like it, but I'm not in love with it... it's beautiful and so put together, but it's just not my style. However, I do agree with you that life is not fair if this is just a weekend house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, to have a home such as this, much less a weekend home. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the monkey! The room is pretty cool too. Glad it cheered you up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nix the monkey. What a great place to go for the weekend ... soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful. you are so right. Peaceful and tranquil. Just right for a vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pics, perfect for unwinding during holidays. The bath had such natural, fabulous lighting. I wasn't too sure about that animal skull lying on the floor just beneath the cabinet, seemed a bit out of sync and rather spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. is the monkey for real?? gah lee! I adore the light!! and that desk!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the openess of that little bathroom... with those windows right there, it just looks so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lovely home. it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enchanting home. How about the dutch door in the bedroom? Love it. The bathroom indeed is spectacular. Life IS not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, what IS up with that monkey? Otherwise, killer interiors. ...And, why am I not surprised all this fantastic-ness was culled together by two, talented males? Yes, sometimes life is SO not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, lately I am really drawn to that beautiful shade of light brown wood (don't know what it's called :-)). It looks so great with a neutral color palette and against whites. I also loved that screen, and I have to say, I kinda like the monkey (although i find him confusing :-)!) I really love that soothing bedroom. I want a throw like that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amen sister, on that natural light in the bathroom comment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A house like that I would love to have for weekends!!!!

    Greet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.