Pages

▼

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Other Room....

....I am loving in this month's Traditional Home. I hate to use 2 rooms from the same magazine but this one I LOVE. Designed by Elizabeth Bailey, this room is full of details that deserve a second look.
Did you see the rug, Lucite table, pink tray, bolster, and headboard above? LOVE the sofa below....
Hello console and antique chair. Branches add so much to this room (even if temporary). And what about the lining of the bed curtains?
How beautiful is this side table set up?
This may be one of my favorite rooms ever. I really do wish it were mine. Well maybe my getaway room.....

24 comments:

  1. I love how classy she made the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pops of pink - not overwhelming at all but so bright and fun. And, that side table with that lamp... wow. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the source info, does it list the manufacturer of that lamp? Love it!
    - Danielle
    other-option AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped getting TH last year bc I just felt it had gotten 'stale', but this room makes me want to subscribe again! Beautiful room, love those details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this room from the Hampton design show house and I loved it. It wasn't such a big space yet she was able to make it look so functional and big. I love the settee and the console the most in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love that room too. I love that lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That room really was a show stopper in this months issue. I loved every bit of it. Especially seeing a peak of Rubie Green's East Village.

    Move over b/c your going to have some company if that room is yours!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color palate and all the details including the little dog bed- what a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love all the little details here- the colors, the lamp, the lucite side table. They are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect use of an accent color -- small amounts and soft hues make an elegant statement. Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The use of pink is well done. I love the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i loveeee that room. almost forgot to go out and buy my own copy. thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sofa and lamp! Going to have to pick up that issue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the pink in it!! That lamp looks too big for the end table close up, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. me too, me too! I immediately tore this out of the recent issue. Especially love the rubie green fabric on the inside of the bed curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the lucite table and the chair next to the branch is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors are fantastic--deep chocolate, light pink and cream. The zig zag lining of the bed curtains is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love this room! I just did a link to this post over on my blog because I love it so much! I noticed that some people were asking about the gorgeous lamp shown and I happened to post on that, too. It's by George Kovacs, and you can find the link to it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you made me look at this twice. I flipped through my magazine and threw it away. Gasp, I know. NOw I wish I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really want a lucite coffee table!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them. DO NOT leave a comment with a promotional link, they will be promptly deleted.