This picture has several elements I love:+Amazing unique console used as a bedside table
+The post bed with the fabric around it, but I like how the panels are on rings and the finials on the top of the bed
+The use of a comfortable chair in the room with soft lines
+The custom headboard used inside a poster bed
+The display on the bedside table- giant shell, beautiful mirror, print leaned on the mirror instead of mounted on the wall, clean white lamp
For more details on this room go to Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles
I love how the tray ceiling blends in as it is the same color as the rest. Also that the drapes are floor to ceiling, and the tray next to the chair.
ReplyDeleteI love this post concept. I can't wait to see the other pics this week.
yep! im a fan. it looks like a dreamy place to sleep and it's formal and elegant without being to fussy. it's simple too.
ReplyDeletelove ATL H & L mag...is 1 of my favorite resources! am posting on 1 of the homes in it this week, actually. it's so great! oh & how fabulous are designer show houses (like the 1 this pic came from)? designer's uninhibited by nervous clients = stunning rooms!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful bedroom! That is really my style! I went to Atlanta Homes site! Mmmm I like it!
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Greet
I am always a sucker for the layering of artwork over mirrors. I can't ever have enough. I don't know that I would ever leave this room though. It is too beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way with magazines- I love to find every small detail in the picture.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing the other rooms you pick as this one is a beautiful bedroom with great details!
So pretty. I'm the same way- I often breeze through blogs and usually take more time w/ a magazine!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really smart idea, to stop and really study a room. It is easy with so much out there to skim over it all too quickly...
ReplyDeleteJanell
I love this idea. I often miss something that someone else sees.
ReplyDeleteI love the interviews in House Beautiful when the designer answers questions about the rooms in a home and sometimes spills a secret about the way he/she came up with the look.Often I look past certain details until they are pointed out.
Beautiful details...that commode is a gorgeous addition to the bedroom, xv.
ReplyDeleteI love the unconventional bedside table! Repurposing things can make a space so unique.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of really studying the picture. This is such a relaxing room.
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing. I was just thinking about it the other day. If I buy a magazine, I take time and look at every picture in so much detail. If it's on a blog, I scroll down very fast and move on. What's my deal? Blogs are free.
ReplyDeletePretty, pretty space. That console is fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteoh wow, so whimsical.
ReplyDeleteThe console as a bedside table is so beautiful and I love how the mirror is propped on it. Also Like your idea of one picture.
ReplyDeleteI love it!! Ahhh so neutral and soothing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat 'bedside table'- !
xoRH