The other day I came across the following quote:
"NOTHING STEALS YOUR JOY LIKE THINKING, "I WILL ENJOY MY LIFE WHEN......"
So true don't you think? And while I do like to dream about what my house will look like in the future, I decided to start the year out with a look at what I currently have that I LOVE....

Our little house for starters. If I had a dollar for every time someone who lived in a big beautiful house with lots of moola told me they wanted to go back to their little first house, I would be in a bigger house, haha. But I believe them, I love our little house.


The chandelier above is the first thing I ever bought for our house. I found it at a local antique shop and bought it even before we found a home, I am so happy I got it. The wine barrel mirror from Bobo was a birthday gift from my husband.

In the picture above I love the console, the copper chairs, the pillows, and the chest from my Grandfather...


Clearly I have a thing for lighting, the chandelier on the right is in the master, it was one of those things I just had to ignore the hubby's opinion on and do what I wanted, so glad I did. (sorry PHS)

Last but certainly not least, probably my favorite piece(s)- a pair of chairs that belonged to my Great Grandmother. I had them reupholstered and I really would be traumatized if something happened to them. I had to beg my Mom for months for them and I am still convincing Patrick they are just as comfortable as a leather recliner..

Once I started taking pictures I realized there are so many things I could post, maybe I will have to do a Part II down the road. So while the daydreaming will continue I am going to try to not dwell on one day so much.....
Love your house! Thanks for posting some photos of it. My lantern for above my pub table came in yesterday... it's a little big (I think) but you and MEMS both like larger fixtures- so hopefully it will be great. I can't wait to get it installed!
ReplyDeleteI love you house Marianne! Its wonderful! I love your first purchase chandelier and am slightly obsessed with your beautiful console table and copper chairs.
ReplyDeletelike what you did with the chairs... 4:06am??
ReplyDeleteOh I love getting a peak into people homes. I love your home. It's beautiful. I adore all the lighting in the home. That chandelier is to die for. More pictures please!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry I am not up at that hour, I write it the night before and set it to post in the morning....
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! I will post more pictures soon...
Your house is so lovely!
ReplyDeleteI love your house! So cute.
ReplyDeleteThe chandelier is so pretty!
Cute blog! I stumbled upon it from in(side)the loop. I love your house, we have a small bungalow built in 1920 and also get lots of compliments on it.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is from AL, so we spend a bit of time in B'ham.
Keep up the inspirational blogging!
Marianne- love your style!!! So many pretty things!! And I can't get over your front porch railings!!!! Gorgeous!! Post more!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteyour house is so percious!!
ReplyDeleteDarling,darling!Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see part 2 of the tour. I love my small cottage, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic post Marianne! So true... and a very good thing to remember when you are decorating your first house! Love the blog and hope to have a happy hour with you soon!
ReplyDeleteI know EXACTLY how you feel! If I had a dollar for every time I wished I could push the walls of my house outward and make bigger rooms, more stoarge, etc.--I would be rich! BUT, when I think about leaving our little house, were we brought our daughter home from the hopsital to, where we've created so many wonderful memories; I get teary eyed!
ReplyDeleteYour house is adorable; so much character and style, enjoy it! I like your blog, I'm saving you in my favorites.
Angela